Who has been let down by O2 despite ordering early???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glanv, Jul 10, 2008.

1. glanv macrumors regular

OK, the short version of my story (and immense frustration):

Monday:

Completed order by 0810 for 16gb
    Order confirmed at 0812 by email

Tuesday:

Called O2 to confirm order successful as had booked a day off work, was told that order, credit check were fine and delivery should be friday
    Money taken from bank and dated in description as 7th

Wednesday:

Stay up until midnight waiting for DHL number to appear on order tracker on My O2
    Spent ages on MR reading other peoples success stories and went to bed gutted

Thursday:

Really hectic day at work getting loads done to make sure I had no loose ends as I was off tomorrow (Friday)
    Receive text from O2 at 1700hrs informing me I wouldn't get one tomorrow - not happy at all
    Call O2 and get given a load of BS about first come, first served! He was a nice guy though and I stayed calm throughout
    Cancelled order and not sure if I am going to even bother with this phone now - who am I kidding?!

OK, not so short, but it is compared to the dissertation I could write due to how damn annoyed I am. Effing O2 have really pi**ed me off!

2. MacMalv macrumors regular

im in exactly the same situation. I completed my order at 8.46, had all my emails by wednesday. but have not had my O2 updated. it still says in progress. I am so disappointed what is the point in preordering.

3. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Just posted a reply to your thread, probably at the same time you posted here!

What are you going to do now? TBH, I am feeling rather sour about this. I really want to be man enough to say "screw them! I'll stick with T-Mobile", but I like Apple products so much. Why do they have to be tied to a crappy network like O2?!

4. ojwk macrumors regular

ojwk

I've been f*cked over by O2 so many times its not even funny, starting with issues regarding an O2 XDA IIi about 3 years ago.

One thing I have found with them is that if you get them to add information onto your account 'notes' you can get away with murder. Back in November with the original iPhone I managed to convince an ill-advised customer service representative to promise me a free iPhone in writing. I knew that they weren't meant to give away iPhones and they didn't even have a upgrade code because of that fact but as they had put this in writing they couldn't back out of it, even though they tried on numerous occasions. As a result I received my 1G iPhone by courier on the UK release day at around 19h00.

No such luck with the 3G iPhone though, I'm not too bothered cause I'm not that sure if I want one that much.

5. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Nice to hear that there are others that have been screwed by these imbeciles! Also, fantastic that you got your own back! I will be writing a letter of complaint tomorrow! I think that by taking money before confirming order is a breach of law. My GF is a law grad so she will bring me up to speed later.

6. ojwk macrumors regular

ojwk

Good luck!

I'm sure theres a Eurolaw covering you, a strongly worded letter with a reference to a specific act or law will be sure to cover you. If you really wanted to pursue this further than a free iPhone you could certainly take them to court, your case is strong - this would be a hassle but your pretty much guaranteed to win.

7. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks mate! Can't believe I have got this worked up over a phone! It is probably more to do with the time and effort I feel I have wasted!

8. gregrichards macrumors member

I'm absolutely disgusted with 02 it's been an absolute disaster. I ordered mine at 08:15 was told I was getting one, now I'm not. I am seething.

9. MacMalv macrumors regular

Im going to sit and wait. I hoping that there is a very thin chance they havn't updated the website and i have infact got my iPhone (highly unlikely I know). My dad has got his iPhone coming tomorrow I might see if he fancys swapping, and waiting for mine to come, if not i will just steal it a lock my self in the bathroom to play with it!
    I want the iPhone too much to say "screw you", however I will never order anything of there store again.

10. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Know exactly how you feel! What an absolute shambles! I would really ike to hear an explanation of how this translates into "first come, first served" and also see some evidence to support the claim - but there is never going to happen!

What are you going to do now gregrichards? I am probably going to get calmer and calmer and end up at my local O2 store at 3am!!

11. MojoWill macrumors 6502

this is why i dont do product launches online go to a store!

12. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely got to persuade your old man to let you have it! I wish I'd got my GF to order one too and then if both had turned up, just send one back.

Just out of interest, where is everyone from that got stitched? I am from p
    Portsmouth. Just seeing if there is any other correlation apart from ordering early.

13. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

I've said it before, but i don't mind repeating it, it is pathetic that a company as large as O2 (or telefonica, whatev) didn't have the foresight to prepare for the launch properly. They've had MONTHS to prepare, they knew lots of people had registered interest, and they still fooked it up. total 'tards.

14. MacMalv macrumors regular

15. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Lesson learnt! Are you queuing up early tomorrow then?

16. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Couldn't agree more mate!

17. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Are you trying your luck tomorrow MacMalv? I am toying with the idea now I've starting to relax!

18. MacMalv macrumors regular

no, i cant handle waking up early so i will miss out on getting one. I might go in to town later tho, to look at the demo units and see if they have any left!
    good luck if you take the chance, but you will have to cancel your online order so may miss out altogether.

Im working on my dad at the moment, he should cave in, i will pull out the puppy eyes or start crying!

19. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

yeah i ordered it at 7.54am on monday
    i dont get mine till the 18th july

going to go queue up tomorrow and cancel online order if i get it

20. humet macrumors newbie

Hey,

Completely the opposite happened to me!

I tried pre-ordering when I received the 'text message' the other day. Got the fail safe page and the original booking system. Never actually completed it... or so I thought...

Earlier this afternoon I received about three e-mails from O2 going through the various stages of my order i.e confirmed, etc. Even got a dispatched e-mail from O2 and a tracking number from DHL. Looks like I'm going to receive one even though I was planning on going to the store up until this afternoon.

Has this happened to anybody else? Am I actually going to receive my iPhone 3G?

I'd still like to complain about the complete shambles this whole process has been though. Who's to blame? I have no idea?

humet

21. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

EXACT same thing happened to my dad, he thought he hadn't got through on Monday,he spoke to customer services and they apologised that he hadn't gotten through on the website. then he got an email through yesterday saying that his iphone had been dispatched.

22. adam23 macrumors newbie

Well I may aswell add mine:

Didn't quite order at 8 - although not for the want of trying, managed to press submit order but got nothing back. Finally went through the failover page at about 1-2ish.

Heard nothing until yesterday when my order status changed on my O2 account to 'in progress'. But received no emails (and still have not).

Returned home today and phoned O2 to see if I could find anything out, and got the message verbally about the 18th. The girl on the phone (who although useless, that was certainly not her fault) was polite and apologetic and admitted what was already obvious in that orders had been dealt with in arbitrary order. They were out of stock, despite iphones being available throughout the country tomorrow - they couldn't reserve me one in my local store, infact if I wanted to chance being able to upgrade in store I needed to cancel my current order then and there.

So in short, I played the game, did as they asked and people will walk into O2 stores tomorrow and obtain an iphone despite me ordering before them. Additionally, said customers may not have endured Monday's debacle.

I have a manager calling me tomorrow. Don't get me wrong - it's a phone - could I wait a week? Of course. My gripe is being as many of us upgraders (note: I'm a non-iphone upgrader) have been treated second class through sheer misfortune. O2 have shunned common sense, or should that be customer service, I can only guess in the assumption that I'll accept delivery a week late, and one extra customer can grab an iphone from a store. Thus inflating their sales figures. Furthermore, £159 + 18*£35 = £789 - this is the customer service O2 give when they have someone willing to part with near-£800, so what will it be like when I've signed up and have a problem? To their credit in my current 12-month deal I have not, but this is off putting all the same.

I can live without the iphone, and as such a potential outcome from the call tomorrow is me leaving O2 (I'll naturally put my reasons for leaving in writing - and copy it to apple, explaining why their iphone sales are one down on where they should have been - if this is the case). Will it make a difference, probably not - will I enjoy writing it, definitely!

To all those receiving parcels tomorrow, enjoy. Rant over :)

23. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I was constantly refreshing for the entire time the iphone was on pre-order on Monday. At some point I filled out the failover form but I didn't think for one moment that I would get anything out of it.

I even planned where I was going on Friday morning to maximise my chances of getting the phone!

Then yesterday morning I woke up and checked my e-mails and saw that my order was "in progress" but I still did not think I would get it on Friday.

At about 5pm I got a dispatch e-mail and a tracking number from DHL.

Now it seems I will be getting the phone delivered tomorrow and I really did not expect that!

I do still see a negative sides to this - first of all the phone could arrive any time between 9am and 9pm and when I phoned DHL they said that all the o2 orders are scheduled for afternoon and evening delivery so it seems that I may wait the entire day for the phone and those of you who go to the store will get it in the morning and be showing off!

24. MojoWill macrumors 6502

I'll be at my local O2 for 0630 there is a CPW opposite if they sell out i have another store 15 nins away which doesnt open until 9 again with a CPW opposite they are both small towns so i should be good im on a night shift right now so ill be up all night and then iphone before giong to bed

25. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Success!

Just realised I ought to update the thread I started....

I have been the proud owner of an iPhone 3g 16gb since 0730 this morning!

Anyone else had any luck?