Who has bought their MBP from eBay and what was your experience?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blu101, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

Just like the title says, who has bought their MBP from eBay and what was your experience?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

haven't done it but if you do decide on it ask for the serial number and check it with apple.

3. deus ex machina macrumors regular

No problems.

Be certain to research the seller and have pictures of what you are receiving.

4. voltare macrumors member

I had a great experience. First off, the seller had thousands of positive reviews selling computers, cameras and stuff.

I also got a great deal: 2.4 MBP late 08 $1999
    It came with applecare - saved me about $200 back then
    I did not pay sales tax in CA - saved me $200
    I also got $200 back from microsoft :D (I'm not sure if they're still doing this.)

5. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I bought my early '08 MBP on eBay about a week before the unibody came out. 15" 4GB ram, 250gb hdd for $1700 shipped. Absolutely perfect condition. The person I bought it from had great rep and exchanged emails with me several times regarding the item.

I also bought a G4 Mini off eBay and had a similar experience. Granted the Mini was about 3-4 years old but it worked great and even had some nice software included.

6. Epic800 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a mid-2010 13'' MBP off eBay with no issue at all. It was considered an open box item. Though the computer and accessories were brand new. The only thing was the box was open because it was a custom return or something like that. When it comes to eBay, you just have to use common sense and pay attention to feedback and you will be fine.