Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thearc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
I'm planning on cutting my MICRO to NANO, i have a template just wanted to know how it's gone for people??

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
I cut mine down 2 days ago, taped it back together, and put it back in my 4s. When my iPhone 5 came today, I took the nano sim out, dropped my cut one in, and turned it on. The activation screen still showed the wrong line phone number, but when it finished activating it was on the correct line. No issues whatsoever.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I cut mine down 2 days ago, taped it back together, and put it back in my 4s. When my iPhone 5 came today, I took the nano sim out, dropped my cut one in, and turned it on. The activation screen still showed the wrong line phone number, but when it finished activating it was on the correct line. No issues whatsoever.
But are you getting 3G or LTE with the SIM card? Is a special LTE SIM card needed?

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I have an iPhone 4 with a standard 3G SIM. If I cut it down to fit the iPhone 5 will I get LTE? Or only 3G?

erok83

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012

Did you put in the billing zip/last 4 of SSN of the line you used to buy the phone or of the cut sim? Or was there no difference in your case?

Just want to make sure I complete this correctly.

erok83

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Did you put in the billing zip/last 4 of SSN of the line you used to buy the phone or of the cut sim? Or was there no difference in your case?

Just want to make sure I complete this correctly.

Never mind...used the info from the line used to buy the phone. Worked like a charm!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.