Who has enlightened you about your iPhone 4's problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Khryz, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I have the only iPhone 4 in my office and I regularly have it on me and use it so everyone knows I have it and love it.

Came into work today and I had several people in the office (a lot of middle-aged moms), most of which still don't know how to send attachments in e-mails, tell me how my phone "has all sorts of problems", "doesn't work", and that "Apple is failing". Yikes!

So who has stopped you today to enlighten you of your phone's problems?

2. satirev macrumors 6502

Someone punched me in the face last night when I got off of public transit. They then proceeded to kick me in the ribs and tell me that my phone was "a piece of ****."

3. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Don't blame it on women--some know about technological stuff and others don't. I work with a bunch of dudes who say the same *****, never mind the fact mine works a treat.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

My girlfriends mom told me the other day. I didn't have the energy to show her my phone worked just great. (in that location)

5. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

True! I guess what I meant was the women here. They just happen to not know very much, but of course I have women friends who know way more than me.

6. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

That's cool. I'm the tech geek around here, and I'm a chick, hence my defensive response. ;)

7. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

The worst thing is when android fans get on your case...that is what my friend did by posting all kinds of videos about how bad the iPhone 4 is ..******* him

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

A guy at work last night asked to see my phone, and then proceeded to try and replicate the grip of death for like 5 minutes.

No matter what he tried the bars just wouldn't disappear for him. He thought I was just being an Apple stan whenever I told him I didn't have that issue.

Other people at work have asked, and I just tell them my phone works like a charm.

And, LordOBoogie, I hear you! I'm a chick and the resident tech geek as well!

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I got off the train yesterday, and everyone kneeled before me as I walked on the red carpet that had been thrown down to celebrate the great iPhone 4 unveiling.

That or no one has even noticed I have an iPhone 4.

10. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

my boss who wants an iPhone but has been too cheap to buy one tells me every time I come into work about how awful the iPhone 4 is and blah blah blah. I told her my girlfriends is fine and mine will be fine as well once white comes out. Then she asks me what im doing with my 3GS and I say selling it and she gets excited thinking im going to sell it to her for less then the subsidized price. lol. I hear from old guys and all other types of people whenever anyone sees me using my 3GS or iPad. Getting ridiculous.

11. G5isAlive macrumors 6502

The absolute worst offender by far is.... MacRumors.

Yeah my doctor today noticed my iPhone 4 and said his wife wanted one but she heard it had problems. I explained to him, get a case, no problem. I loved mine. He smiled and said he would tell his wife not to worry.

A blogging friend said she heard on the news it was a problem. Again I explained, again she said she would place her order.

My wife heard from a friend.. I handed her my phone. She liked it so much now she wants one of her own. That misfired on me.

But oh, here in MacRumors over and over I get told my phone is a piece of crap and that it has a problem I am just in denial. I read here all the time that my phone is fatally flawed. No one, including the moderators, seem to want to say, okay, sucks, needs a case, next?

There is a problem. A PR problem.

The signal problem is easy to fix. No clue what Apple is going to do about the PR problem.

12. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

It was super humid in NYC this morning and the commute was awful.

My not so smart co-worker came up to me as soon as I got in and told me to "put duct tape on my phone to fix my issue"

What a way to start a morning...facepalm

13. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Geez, every five seconds people are telling me how much the iPhone sucks, even my mailman!!! It's like I have a kick me sign or something. Or maybe no one really cares and all this is in my head? Nah, I mean who wouldn't comment on my iPhone.

14. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

:rolleyes:

15. Storrow macrumors regular

that's funny you posted this I was thinking the same thing. My roommate called me an idiot for buying it and went out and bought the new evo thing.

nice kickstand.

16. Offshore1 macrumors regular

Offshore1

I know 3 people with IP4, they don't have any problems!
    I think the media and the forums is blowing it way out of proportion. I want to see a white one before I get rid of my 3GS.

17. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

No one really because everyone i know who has an iPhone 4 are not having issues. And i know about 6 people that have them.

18. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

People have been asking me about the problems, not really telling me about them. I just say "yeah...but have you SEEN the retina display??" :p