Who has good Lightning Headphones/Buds

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ATEspo, Sep 27, 2016.

1. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

I am more of a wired headphone user, I use both ear-buds and over-the-ear, and like to have multiple sets of wired headphones to keep places (my car, in the office, my shop, etc.), and without having to use this little converter, i'd rather just buy some lightning cable headphones/buds, does anyone have any experience with aftermarket companies' headphones/buds yet?

I was just going to buy 2 pair off Amazon to try out, a set of buds and some over-the-ear but before I do that, I was just looking for some input.

Thanks

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I have the Brightech and Sharkk earbuds, both are very good and MFI certified. Both are first gen, no microphone.

They are almost clones of each other, the noise isolation is excellent and I have no complaints about the sound quality for the buck. Each fit comfortably as well. Do not have to crank them, 50% is plenty or I'd go deaf!

Around $40 each at Amazon when I purchased them.

Cannot link, my account information is on those still since I ordered them.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Why would you want to buy headphones that only work on one device? That's why I just deal with the converter or go wireless.

4. ATEspo thread starter macrumors regular

ATEspo

This is the only device I use headphones when I am out and about anymore.
    When I am on my MBP or iPad, I have a quality pair of over-the-ear that I will continue to use.

I don't like wireless much unless I am running (which I don't have time for anymore), I either lose them or forget to charge them ALL THE TIME.

5. AppleRobert, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

AppleRobert macrumors 603

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Well the Sine is excellent going digital with the lightning connector to an iPhone, sound is glorious.

But going analog to anything with the other connector leaves much to be desired so I am returning them.

Next stop, a set of Sonys from Amazon with its own dac that has a lightning connection AND good analog playback as well from that included connector. I should get them later today unless the driver does not deliver em.

Sony mdr1adac/b is the model.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

The Sony mdr1adac/b I mentioned the post beforehand are fantastic for the price, around $225. They have everything else beat I have tried and believe me right now this the best available with lightning connection bang for your buck.