Who has loaded most of their music collection on their 128gb iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ivabign, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Other than the fact that the 6 seems to sound better than my 5 - the new, larger memory is brilliant for taking among your music collection - I could be away from a computer for weeks and not listen to the same song twice!

The jump to 128gb was late in coming but much appreciated.

2. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I got the 64, so I can't load all 110GB of music on it, but coming from a 16 4S, even that jump has made loads of difference.

Yeah, first world problems, I know.

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I've actually only loaded 21GB out of my 70GB library. I've started to use my storage for other things: catching up on TV series (15-20GB), comic books (15GB), random stuff. I've used 55GB or so currently on my iPhone after the initial load of all the content I knew I already wanted on it. I had a 64GB 6+ for two days and after I had loaded the exact same amount of stuff, I knew that I needed/wanted to go for the larger storage.

4. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Comic books? I could not read them on that small a screen. But I'm still a paper in hand guy when it comes to books and comics.

5. Bubbler328 macrumors newbie

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have 62gb of music on mine. Not all of my collection but all I may ever want.

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'm really glad Apple decided to up the storage capacity to 128GB. It shows they still care about letting you store data on the phone instead of moving to a complete cloud strategy.

Storage in the cloud only works if you have a rock solid data connection. For those of us traveling and even often around town that's not always the case. Local storage is über important!

8. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Lol I thought so too, but I loaded a bunch from what I used to put on my old iPad and surprisingly they turned out to be really nice looking. The app I'm using, Comic Zeal, works very well with formatting and page turning (or advancement in double wide pages), so it usually isn't that hard to read. At the same time though, I'm fine with small fonts (always use the smallest font size on my iPhone), so it doesn't bother me as much as it could to someone else.

9. izzle22 macrumors 6502a

izzle22

Not possible. Until they come out with a 500gb phone my 400gb of music will have to stay on my MacBook. I usually rotate about 5gb of music throughout the year. I don't listen to music on my phone much anyway unless I'm traveling.

10. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix

Have moved my 30Gb of Music to the ip6+ 128GB, a lot of audio books, PDFs and offline maps. Down to 49GB free :cool:

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I only have 25GB of music. But I am loading 18,000 pics. Yay!

12. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I could see maybe an iPad. Maybe.
    Granted, It's the last bastion of tactile hoarding in my life. So I still collect the physical versions. Those and Blu-rays.

13. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

It would take four of these to store my whole music collection, so no.

14. munkydust macrumors member

I ended up loading all of it on my 64 GB phone (have 22 GB left). Not my whole music collection, just the stuff that has been ripped from CD (5400 songs). So, this means I scroll and scroll and scroll when looking for something to listen to.

15. deviant macrumors 65816

16. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Pretty much this. I did get the 128GB in case Verizon throttling blows next month. Don't want to over do my work data expense in that case.

17. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

128GB is perfect for not having to recycle the photo collection, and any "next-gen" apps that take up GBs of space.

18. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

My library is too large to fit on any phone.

With that said. I can fit enough to be happy day to day on my 64GB.

I actually may get another 2.5 inch TB external and leave that filled in my car. Then for day to day new stuff just put on phone. Still debating long term strategy.

19. Jayson A macrumors 68000

I could easily fit all of my music on it (I have 64GB of music), but I intentionally left off songs that I just don't want on my phone.

----------

Be careful with iTunes Match. I was going over my data limit using that service. That's why I opted for the larger storage solution.

20. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Heck, I loaded all of mine on my 64GB Plus. And have room to spare.

21. deviant macrumors 65816

I only listen to it while driving.. So it's fine :) never went above 1gb/month

22. CEmajr macrumors 601

Agree. It freed up so much space on my 32GB 5S by allowing me to delete all music from my phone but still have my entire iTunes Library for access.