Who has NetShare in the Boston/Providence area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luke1robb, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

So I really want NetShare on my iPhone 3G and I'm thinking if I can find someone around Providence (Smithfield area), RI or Boston (Cambridge area), MA, I would be able to get the app from their comp and then sync it back to my computer. Does anyone know 1) if this is possible, and 2) if they would be willing to let me get NetShare from them? I'd even be willing to pay you. ANy suggestions on how I could get NetShare in anyway would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Luke

2. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Nope, anything downloaded from the App store is locked to the owner's iTunes account. Also, even if someone could transfer it you would have to jailbreak your phone to use it and at that point it's easier just to install PDANet through Cydia.

3. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

But can't you sync a copy back to your account and then authorize it through their account?

4. viper24 macrumors newbie

You can only have 1 authorized user synced to an iPhone...so ya they could do that, but assuming this person doesn't give you their password, you wouldn't be able to download any new apps...

5. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

No, an iPhone can only be authorized with a single account. Since I doubt the person would give you their password, you'd no longer be able to purchase any other apps or use the ones you currently have. This is a moot point to begin with since this would still be piracy.

6. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

My assumption would be that I could meet up with someone and they could let me sync it to my computer at which point they could type the password in and hence avoid any sketchiness of me taking their password. Also, hence the paying for the app. I'm not trying to steal someone's password I just really want NetShare.

On the topic of piracy, all I have to say is, the proposed (supposedly) AT&T tethering plan of $30/month, is straight up robbery and they deserve nothing less than for me to pirate a version of NetShare from someone. Hell, I'm already paying $75 a month for my iPhone bill, stop robbing people AT&T!!!

7. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

How does AT&T's pricing come into play here? They have no affiliation with the developer and you are not forced to buy an iPhone, you made the choice to purchase it and agreed to their contract. However, stealing software from a developer, who most likely has spent a significant amount of time on the software, is piracy, plain and simple. No amount of justification will change that fact.

8. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Piracy?

I would love to pay the developer the $10 NetShare was selling for or even more, but since Apple (forced by AT&T) removed the app from the store, I can no longer pay the developer properly. If someone from NetShare is out there and can give me a copy if I pay, I would love this, but otherwise, I have no way else to get the app and functionality (outside of jailbreaking) then to pirate the app from someone else.