Who has no 15 rmbp burn in. Is it still a problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bsen4961, Oct 23, 2012.

1. bsen4961 Guest

Is the 15 rmbp still having burn in issues. I have heard the 15 inch is pretty much only LG displays.

2. jffluis macrumors regular

jffluis

I have a MBPr 2.6/16/512 with a Samsung Screen and never noticed any burn in (never tested. daily use is enough).
    If you want it, bought it. If you have any problem just call Apple!

3. iPersian macrumors regular

so far only LGs have the problem. the Samsungs are better but have leaking ,dead pixels and color problems.s o they are better. but apple will stop using samsung soon according to news/rumors so im not sure the problem will be solved anytime soon. ive returned two MBPr machines and will not buy any until apples solves this. if they continue being arrogant as they are now. ill switch to windows after almost 20 years.

4. JD92, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  5. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I have a MBPr with zero problems. Perfect display, perfect body. LG screen with no problems.

Couldn't be happier...

NOTE: I believe Samsung is not making displays anymore for Apple from what I saw on my headline feed(?).

-P

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Just replaced a MBPr with a LG screen which had bad image retention. The new one I got today also has a LG screen but did a quick 5 minute test which with my last one would have issues and the new one didn't. I'll test more tonight but so far this LG screen looks like to be a winner.

7. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Burn in is what some plasma screens get when the image is burned into the screen I thought. IR is temporary retaining a past image. I don't suffer burn in on my lg but very faint IR.

8. wethackrey macrumors 6502

I have a MBPr and have zero burn-in issues. I've had it for nearly four months now and the display has been flawless from day one.

9. iPersian macrumors regular

thats because you have a samsung. all LGs have this problem as far as we know.

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

So far the new one I picked up today with an LG screen has been outstanding. About to do a full 10 minute image retention test and see how it goes. I'll report back when I'm done.

11. iPersian macrumors regular

ok good luck with that. im looking forward reading your update when IR shows up. it will sooner or later, maybe not this week but in a month or two

12. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

After 10 minutes it did great! The one I returned it was EASY to see only after maybe a minute. This I did 10 minutes and am VERY happy. Uploading the video now.

13. Nckcard macrumors regular

I've had my rMPB since right after launch day and I have never had that issue, and have tried "testing" it.

14. D1G1T4L, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

15. iPersian macrumors regular

had the exactly same screen as yours. IR showed up after 3 weeks not before. had not heard of IR before i bought a MBPr. ive had macs since 94.

16. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Again the one I returned today very clearly had a problem. It was very clear and happened only after a minute. This went 10 minutes and I see nothing. Will keep an eye open and will change out if it shows up but so far so good.

17. iPersian macrumors regular

dont misunderstand. its good news that this one is at least better than the former one but dont have too much hopes.

18. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Just hope this is a sign of something being done because I do agree after owning one with the problem.....there is a problem. Many will ignore it but the screen isn't something I would accept in a $3500 notebook.

19. iPersian macrumors regular

totally agree and again thats why ive returned two and wont buy another one until apple fixes this scandalous issue that they so far refuse to go public with.