Who has relegated their health app to a folder?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Risco, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Just did mine, relegated to the "utilities" folder....

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Did that the first day.
    Have nothing that uses it.
    My Garmin Edge 500 for bike is too old to report. No toy bands around my wrist.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I did too.

I put it in a folder called "Health" with all my other health apps.

:D :p :rolleyes:

4. BrettDS macrumors 65816

My health app is in a folder with my other health related apps, but I do still use it for tracking steps with the iPhone 6 and my weight with my fitbit aria scale.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Plenty of people will, plenty of people won't. Not really an indicator of anything one way or another.

6. Dan70 macrumors regular

I have for now... into my 'Archive' folder. I plan to use it in the near future though. Although I'll see how it performs as to whether I need to get a different, third party app.

7. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

I've not. I used the Fitbit app a quite a bit on my iPhone 5s to keep an eye on how many steps I'd done in the day. I don't do it to make sure I do a certain amount; I just find it interesting to see these stats. I like now how you can see your steps, the distance you've covered, and the number of flights of stairs you've climbed on the iPhone 6.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

9. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

I put mine in a folder with the other stock apps I rarely if ever use.

Attached Files:

10. Dan70 macrumors regular

That's really surprising that you have things like Contacts and iTunes in there. They're in the top 10 apps that I use most personally. Everyone varies but I'm just surprised you've put the in a folder.

Nice folder name by the way... :p

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

I keep it out of a folder. I like checking my steps, distance, and flights climbed.

12. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It started off in Utilies but recently moved to a Health folder with Human and WebMD. I'm seeing how I like using Human with an iPhone 5. Not sure about having to constantly tell it to not track me while I'm not exercising.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, everyone has different usage. I generally use contacts from within the Phone app, so no need for a separate icon/app to take up space outside of a folder. iTunes I barely use as I don't really buy content. Same goes for quite a few other Apple apps like Compass and Game Center and some others (some that I just use rarely and others that I basically haven't ever used or needed/wanted to use, at least not so far). Even Camera and Calculator apps are in a folder now as I can easily access them through the Control Center.

14. rohitmail90 macrumors newbie

Yep I have! Hopefully Fitbit will be added soon...

15. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

In the 3 or so years I've had an iPhone, I've used iTunes on it maybe two times. I don't even know what it's for. Buying music and movies? I stream music mostly. Or pull from a 300GB music library and 1TB movie library. Of course I don't watch movies on the phone, though.

I find the contacts app to be completely redundant and unnecessary. There's a contacts tab in the phone app which lives on my dock.

I would ditch every app in my CrApple folder (haha..) in a heartbeat if I could.

16. Dan70 macrumors regular

Haha fair enough, you're not wrong :)

I use iTunes all the time and to be honest, rarely use the contacts tab in the phone app despite the fact I use the phone app a lot anyway. Just different ways people use it I guess.

Although one thing we can all agree on... no one uses stocks :D

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

I actually use stocks. Quick and easy way to see what's going on with various stocks. Sure not that much more, but enough if you don't care that much more about it most of the time.

18. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

It is nice to see the trends and such. I do use stocks once in awhile to see how Boeing, Raytheon, ATK and other war profiteer corporations are doing. LOL

19. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I didn't do that I LOVE the health app. But ios 8.0.2 broke mine. Now it tells me my distance walked/ran is 0 miles :( I want it to work again

Attached Files:

20. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I put it in a health/food folder with other health apps and food apps like just eat. I like the irony.

21. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

Not here. I actually put it on the first page...

22. Dan70 macrumors regular

Wow really... Clash of Clans? ;)

23. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Right now, mine is still hanging out on my front page, but unused since it doesn't work correctly right now. It goes empty sometimes, and right now has double counted all of my calories for the day.

24. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Damn right! I even have two account :eek:

25. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Yes, I moved mine to be with all my other health and fitness apps.