Who has squaretrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vietalogy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. vietalogy macrumors 6502

2. 184550 Guest

Purchased coverage two years ago but never had to use it. It was never difficult to get a question answered though, so initial customer service was pretty good IMO.

They sent me a cheap-o soft case in the mail for my iPhone. :p

3. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

I have it for my IPhone 4 and my daughter's IPod Touch. My daughter accidentally dropped it into the toilet bowl. I called SquareTrade Warranty and filed a claim with no problem. About two weeks later I received a check in the mail. I would recommend SquareTrade Warranty to everyone!!! I was very impressed on how quickly and professionally my claim was handled.

4. drews macrumors newbie

I purchased a SquareTrade warranty months ago and recently filed a claim when I dropped my iPad and broke the glass. They sent a box, returned it quickly with a new screen but now it does not charge and the home button is non-functional so I have to get it re-repaired.

On a whim I took it to my local Apple store - they told me since SquareTrade "repaired" it it the Apple warranty is now void and they won't touch it. The genius bar guy said I should have taken it to them first, implying that he would have likely just given me a replacement on the spot.

If I could do it again I'd probably save the money and hope for the best with Apple.

5. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

I have it for my ip4 and my ipad 2, its good for 2 years on about every incident except theft. Helps me sleep better at night knowing they're covered :/

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

So now you know.
    Buy the SquareTrade but go to Apple first -- go to SquareTrade second.
    Although I think the chances that the genius would have replaced your iPad are pretty slim.