Who has successfully cancelled a DF order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac'inmama, Jul 19, 2008.

1. mac'inmama macrumors regular

I want to try my luck with the Apple store nearby, but don't want to be charged twice and my experience with AT&T is that they tend to take their time with refunding returns. When I bought my first iPhone, I bought one over the phone through them, no shortage, but it took forever, found one at AT&T and did the return thing and it took them longer than it should have.

Anyway, did you get your DF cancelled and how?

2. mac'inmama thread starter macrumors regular

3. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

They said you can't avoid the charge, but you do have 7 days to pick it up and after that they will return the phone and refund you the money.

Have you seen the going price on EBay, why would you want to cancel your DF?

4. SimplyBlue macrumors member

Or when it is delivered to your store, go in-person with your receipt and refuse acceptance of the phone. They will then refund the full amount.

5. mac'inmama thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I am not convinced that I can just sell my phone to some Ebayer because my "name" is on it and the information was recorded as mine. How does that work? Will they let me have 2 phones on one line...like if I got and BUY a new one today for instance, but I have the other one in process for DF...would I still get the "discount" and not have to open a new iPhone line?

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

You can cancel a DF order as long as it hasn't shipped. AT&T will try and tell you that you can't (because they don't want to lose money) but you most definitely can. AT&T says that they don't charge your card until it ships, so there should be no charge to refund if this is the case.

If it's shipped you'll have to wait til the iPhone arrives at the store, and then 7 days after that for them to refund your money.

Your line won't show up as having an iPhone until you activate it. I ordered my iPhone on 7/13, but my online account still shows my old Nokia phone, plus "your account is eligible for upgrades" "your account will expire August 27" which means they haven't updated anything. So you should still get a discount, like if you wanted to go buy one from an Apple store.

7. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I see some showing up as canceled on the AT&T site scraper.

8. Matt H macrumors newbie

I ordered an 8gb through df and later decided that i wanted a 16. I just went into the store, and they canceled the order right there and placed a new one for a 16gb. No big deal.

9. calvy macrumors 65816

I did a DF order, and then got me a black 16gb from the apple store 2 days later. I still havne't had my AT&T order ship, but I'm planning on canceling I guess. I'd love to sell it on ebay and make a bit of cash, but I don't see that happening either. AT&T will make me open/activate it in store, and I don't want to go through setting up a new line or adding it to my account which already has an iphone 3g on it. If they'd let me just walk out the store with it, maybe I'd do it. But as it is, I plan on just contesting the charge with my credit card company if they give me any trouble.