Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vakej

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
Being that it was just annouced today, I wouldn't expect many online retailers to be offering any significant discounts (if they even have it in stock).

But, maybe within the next couple of weeks they will have them in stock. Who tends to offer the most competitive price, is it Amazon, Best Buy, etc?

My company offers a 8.7% discount on the new base model macbook pro, which is pretty much the tax. Do you see anyone offering a better discount than this?

Thx....

Czechmac

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
London, UK
I can get 15% discount as a Higher Education student here in the UK, which is still lower than the tax ;).

Overall there may be some promotion as there seems to be a high demand and different companies will probably compete for customers, on the other hand they could just all cash in and offer nothing at all.

puke

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
I'm from Sweden and paying 15.450:- (SEK) for the Macbook PRO 2.4GHZ Model. Pretty cheap. Student education etc.

SSerino

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2008
Apple is strict about their pricing, so it will be the same everywhere. Also considering it is a brand new item, no retailers would have it on any sale, that would just be a bad business idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.