Who has the cheapest price on the NEW MB Pro??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vakej, Feb 26, 2008.

1. vakej macrumors member

Being that it was just annouced today, I wouldn't expect many online retailers to be offering any significant discounts (if they even have it in stock).

But, maybe within the next couple of weeks they will have them in stock. Who tends to offer the most competitive price, is it Amazon, Best Buy, etc?

My company offers a 8.7% discount on the new base model macbook pro, which is pretty much the tax. Do you see anyone offering a better discount than this?

Thx....

2. Czechmac macrumors regular

I can get 15% discount as a Higher Education student here in the UK, which is still lower than the tax ;).

Overall there may be some promotion as there seems to be a high demand and different companies will probably compete for customers, on the other hand they could just all cash in and offer nothing at all.

3. puke macrumors regular

I'm from Sweden and paying 15.450:- (SEK) for the Macbook PRO 2.4GHZ Model. Pretty cheap. Student education etc.

4. SSerino macrumors member

Apple is strict about their pricing, so it will be the same everywhere. Also considering it is a brand new item, no retailers would have it on any sale, that would just be a bad business idea.

5. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

9.5% Edu discount in Canada, less than the total sales tax of 13%. :(