Who has the earliest ship date... (8800)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by flyingscott, Feb 4, 2008.

1. flyingscott macrumors regular

flyingscott

...for a MacPro system with the 8800 config?

Feb 15th for me

2. FastMan macrumors member

I hear it's George,,,, though Charlie is just a day later

3. sketchguy macrumors member

sketchguy

Mine's scheduled to ship Feb 12th and deliver by Feb 18th. Ordered on Jan 21st.

My 30" Cinema HD Flat Panel arrived on Jan 23rd.

4. aibo macrumors 6502

Feb 13th here :)
    ordered Jan 8 at 8 am... so just 9 more days to wait.

5. Reach macrumors 6502a

Well, that's stupid.. hehe I ordered the 16th and have an estimate of Feb 20th..

6. viltsu macrumors member

7. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Same here, ordered the 16th and have an estimate of Feb 20th :(

It may change nearer the date but I'm not holding my breath.

8. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

The system just gives you a three week day when you order a macpro with 8800... that's how its programmed... just give you the exact 3 week date from the time of purchase.

I'd like to believe that when Apple gets them ready to go, they will all ship around the same week. I'm expecting a shipment within the next two weeks of my machine, even though I have a late Feb ship date.

Only time will tell.

9. sketchguy macrumors member

sketchguy

Hey, i'm not complaining - it's doing great hooked up to my MacBook Pro when I get home at the end of the work day. :)

10. designer22 macrumors member

11. whistler222 macrumors 6502

happy to see this. hopefully the 8800 will be READY at feb 13.

like someone mentioned above, the system is automatically dated 3 weeks from purchase, but i don't believe it will take that long
    woohoo!

12. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I had an awful dream the other night that I waited until April to finally get my Mac Pro... and just as Fed Ex arrived, it fell down a flight of stairs... Fed Ex didn't say anything, but left it at my DOA. I don't remember what i did, but I just remember the horror of having to wait another week to get it straightened out.

I look forward to getting it so I don't have to think about it any more and I can focus on work. Err.. there's another nightmare... the pile of work waiting and building up for me.

13. GarthAlgar macrumors member

GarthAlgar

Actually, it's five weeks from the purchase mark. Since I ordered on the day of release (Jan 8th), it gave me a shipping date five weeks later--Feb. 13th. Tomorrow will be exactly four weeks since the purchase...

14. pfleischman macrumors member

The dates seem fake

I ordered on the 10th and it's supposed to ship on the 15 of feb. I ordered a Compaq laptop BTO a couple of years ago and my buddy ordered his about two weeks after mine and ours both arrived the same day. These companies build them until they fill however many shipping containers they've reserved on a boat that comes over here. So just to break this down: they know they are getting the 8800's (or whatever odd option) on the 5th of feb (for example)they'll put the machines together, then once they've filled the shipment they'll update the apple site. I bet whoever has the earliest date will be when most people's will ship. I'm guessing everybody will update on the 12th or 13th.

15. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

As far as I can tell, for the UK anyway, really it's just a matter of waiting for a shipment of 8800's to arrive on Irish shores and make its way to he assembly factory. hopefully a week after that, about everyone UK-wise will have their order satisfied.

16. Michael73 macrumors 65816

Order Jan 31, ships by Feb 22.

Mine is coming 2-day air from Asia (since 1-day isn't available according to Apple)

17. pfleischman macrumors member

They assemble them in the UK??? I thought they were all build from start to finish in china?

18. drag0nreb0rn macrumors newbie

Order Date: Jan 8, 2008 at 08:06 AM PST
    Ships by: Feb 13

When I bought it, my Cart said 3-6 weeks. And the final confirmation says ships by Feb 13..

I have never bought an apple product that didn't ship atleast slightly ahead of schedule.

I am crossing my fingers that it ships by Friday. I have 6GB of Ram and a BLu-Ray Burner waiting on my desk for installation. Totally Phsyched!

19. peejack macrumors 6502a

No BTO for UK customers and maybe europe are assembled in Ireland, standard models come from China.

20. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

Ay, so with a bit of Irish luck, we'll have ours before our pals across the pond. ;)

p.s just kdiding, I wouldn't wish any more of a wait on anyone. This is agony.

21. peejack macrumors 6502a

Not necessarily the 8800GT card will still have to be shipped from china/usa so they will have a head start in that dept. ;)

22. pfleischman macrumors member

I agree. I'm so done with my old compaq laptop

23. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Phew, an upgrade from an old compaq laptop to a macpro... buckle your seatbelt. :D

24. pfleischman macrumors member

I'm not knocking it yet...espcially with the ammount of time apple's taking to get my MP here. I've only used a mac with CS3 otherwise i'm pretty much a newbie.

25. whistler222 macrumors 6502

i hope so.. i'm coming from a compaq laptop too.. 4 years old.

altho i do have a 1 yr old macbook, and that's what made me switch..
    hope it's faster when working in lightroom.. no more 3 seconds wait for each preview. ;)