Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
Well, that's stupid.. hehe I ordered the 16th and have an estimate of Feb 20th..

Same here, ordered the 16th and have an estimate of Feb 20th :(

It may change nearer the date but I'm not holding my breath.

ErikAndre

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Florida
The system just gives you a three week day when you order a macpro with 8800... that's how its programmed... just give you the exact 3 week date from the time of purchase.

I'd like to believe that when Apple gets them ready to go, they will all ship around the same week. I'm expecting a shipment within the next two weeks of my machine, even though I have a late Feb ship date.

Only time will tell.

whistler222

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
Ordered Jan 8th
Ships by: Feb 13

happy to see this. hopefully the 8800 will be READY at feb 13.

like someone mentioned above, the system is automatically dated 3 weeks from purchase, but i don't believe it will take that long
woohoo!

ErikAndre

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Florida
I had an awful dream the other night that I waited until April to finally get my Mac Pro... and just as Fed Ex arrived, it fell down a flight of stairs... Fed Ex didn't say anything, but left it at my DOA. I don't remember what i did, but I just remember the horror of having to wait another week to get it straightened out.

I look forward to getting it so I don't have to think about it any more and I can focus on work. Err.. there's another nightmare... the pile of work waiting and building up for me.

GarthAlgar

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2007
Here and There
happy to see this. hopefully the 8800 will be READY at feb 13.

like someone mentioned above, the system is automatically dated 3 weeks from purchase, but i don't believe it will take that long
woohoo!

Actually, it's five weeks from the purchase mark. Since I ordered on the day of release (Jan 8th), it gave me a shipping date five weeks later--Feb. 13th. Tomorrow will be exactly four weeks since the purchase...

pfleischman

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2008
The dates seem fake

I ordered on the 10th and it's supposed to ship on the 15 of feb. I ordered a Compaq laptop BTO a couple of years ago and my buddy ordered his about two weeks after mine and ours both arrived the same day. These companies build them until they fill however many shipping containers they've reserved on a boat that comes over here. So just to break this down: they know they are getting the 8800's (or whatever odd option) on the 5th of feb (for example)they'll put the machines together, then once they've filled the shipment they'll update the apple site. I bet whoever has the earliest date will be when most people's will ship. I'm guessing everybody will update on the 12th or 13th.

Jebaloo

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
I ordered on the 10th and it's supposed to ship on the 15 of feb. I ordered a Compaq laptop BTO a couple of years ago and my buddy ordered his about two weeks after mine and ours both arrived the same day. These companies build them until they fill however many shipping containers they've reserved on a boat that comes over here. So just to break this down: they know they are getting the 8800's (or whatever odd option) on the 5th of feb (for example)they'll put the machines together, then once they've filled the shipment they'll update the apple site. I bet whoever has the earliest date will be when most people's will ship. I'm guessing everybody will update on the 12th or 13th.

As far as I can tell, for the UK anyway, really it's just a matter of waiting for a shipment of 8800's to arrive on Irish shores and make its way to he assembly factory. hopefully a week after that, about everyone UK-wise will have their order satisfied.

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
Order Jan 31, ships by Feb 22.

Mine is coming 2-day air from Asia (since 1-day isn't available according to Apple)

pfleischman

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2008
As far as I can tell, for the UK anyway, really it's just a matter of waiting for a shipment of 8800's to arrive on Irish shores and make its way to he assembly factory. hopefully a week after that, about everyone UK-wise will have their order satisfied.
They assemble them in the UK??? I thought they were all build from start to finish in china?

drag0nreb0rn

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
Order Date: Jan 8, 2008 at 08:06 AM PST
Ships by: Feb 13

When I bought it, my Cart said 3-6 weeks. And the final confirmation says ships by Feb 13..

I have never bought an apple product that didn't ship atleast slightly ahead of schedule.

I am crossing my fingers that it ships by Friday. I have 6GB of Ram and a BLu-Ray Burner waiting on my desk for installation. Totally Phsyched!

Jebaloo

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
No BTO for UK customers and maybe europe are assembled in Ireland, standard models come from China.

Ay, so with a bit of Irish luck, we'll have ours before our pals across the pond. ;)

p.s just kdiding, I wouldn't wish any more of a wait on anyone. This is agony.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Ay, so with a bit of Irish luck, we'll have ours before our pals across the pond. ;)

p.s just kdiding, I wouldn't wish any more of a wait on anyone. This is agony.

Not necessarily the 8800GT card will still have to be shipped from china/usa so they will have a head start in that dept. ;)

pfleischman

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2008
Phew, an upgrade from an old compaq laptop to a macpro... buckle your seatbelt. :D

I'm not knocking it yet...espcially with the ammount of time apple's taking to get my MP here. I've only used a mac with CS3 otherwise i'm pretty much a newbie.

whistler222

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
Phew, an upgrade from an old compaq laptop to a macpro... buckle your seatbelt. :D

i hope so.. i'm coming from a compaq laptop too.. 4 years old.

altho i do have a 1 yr old macbook, and that's what made me switch..
hope it's faster when working in lightroom.. no more 3 seconds wait for each preview. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.