Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buffybaby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I live in northwest indiana.I want to know has the fastest internet speed. I have Frontier, but is comcast faster. Anyway, Out of all these, frontier, comcast, at&t, direct tv and so forth who is the fastest? Please let me know. Thanks, buffybaby

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It appears that Frontier is DSL, along with AT&T. In most cases, the fastest package for those is slower than the slowest package from Comcast's cable Internet. If you have Verizon in that area, you may have slow DSL or fast fiber optic. General Internet speeds around the world go like this for dialup<DSL<cable<fiber optic. Out of the ISP's you list, Comcast would be the fastest.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I live in northwest indiana.I want to know has the fastest internet speed. I have Frontier, but is comcast faster. Anyway, Out of all these, frontier, comcast, at&t, direct tv and so forth who is the fastest? Please let me know. Thanks, buffybaby
Verizon FIOS has the fastest speeds. (If they have it where you are.)

Next would be Comcast or AT&T U-Verse - you would have to see what speeds they are offering where you are.

Frontier dsl would be the next choice.

With any of the above options available, satellite internet service (direct tv) is not even an option to be considered.

It appears that Frontier is DSL, along with AT&T. ...
AT&T does have fiber optic based service as well, but they don't offer service as fast as Verizon FIOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.