Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
It seems to me that there are more threads / posts of people having problems with the 3.1 upgrade than from any other upgrade in the past. Wondering if the problems are from those that jail break or mod their phone????

So how many have a non-jail broken 3GS are totally happy with 3.1 update and have zero problems with it?

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
I have updated my 3GS and my wife's 3G with no issues yet. I also updated my daughters Touch and have seen no problems with it either.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My 3GS is working great on 3.1 as is my wife's 3G. No problems and the better battery life makes this update a +1

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
3G performing very well on 3.1 much better than how it was on 3.0

3GS on 3.1 - battery life in standby improved. battery usage still terribly bad.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
It seems to me that there are more threads / posts of people having problems with the 3.1 upgrade than from any other upgrade in the past. Wondering if the problems are from those that jail break or mod their phone????

For every release there are more and more iPhone users. And considering that people that come here are generally doing it to voice issues they have, of course the forum is full of threads about problems with 3.1. That doesn't mean they represent the majority. Welcome to the world of forums!

jdmass

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
Upgrading my 3GS to 3.1 couldn't have gone any smoother. Post upgrade, everything seems to be working fine. With 3.0, I was experiencing occasional hesitations when I pressed the home button (sometimes it would take 5 or more seconds to respond). With 3.1, it seems to have been fixed (at least so far:)).

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
the forum is full of threads about problems with 3.1. That doesn't mean they represent the majority. Welcome to the world of forums!

I fully understand this. It seems like I have seen more problems about unresponsive phones and LOTS about worse battery life, etc after 3.1 upgrade.

My phone is not jail broken, hacked, or anything. I have no issues with 3.0. I don't want any issues - esp battery issues!

I also had a 3G phone that went thru all updates w/o issues too, but there didn't seem to be as many threads about problems after upgrades back then.

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York

So how many have a non-jail broken 3GS are totally happy with 3.1 update and have zero problems with it?

I don't think there are more threads about the 3.1 upgrade than previous ones. Did you search back? There were many, many threads around some of the version 2 upgrades.

I haven't had any issues with the 3.1 upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.