Who has used or owned a wireless HD??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by backinblack875, Aug 29, 2015.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

I don't know much about wireless external hard drives so was looking for some answers from someone who has had some experience with them.

1) Overall experience??
    2) Does it use bluetooth or wifi?? if it uses wifi, does it create it's own, or use existing wifi?
    3) I use my external HD for my iTunes media folder for movies, tv shows, etc. Could i stream them from the wireless HD as if i had it plugged in via USB? Any lag issues??
    4) Although it runs on battery, can still plug it in via USB to my mac should the battery ever run out when on the go?

thanks

2. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I have used a corsair voyager air for a couple years. It has its own power supply, and car adapter, and can charge and transfer data with USB. Uses wifi only, sets up its own wireless network with pass though to another network (connected to internet). You can wirelessly stream up to 5 HD movies simultaneously. The only slow part is the pass through if you need to use it. Its iOS aps are pretty good once you learn how to use them. I believe you can also use it hardwired via ethernet.

3. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Like ColdCase said but I have a Seagate Satellite Wireless HD that is great for me I watched a lot of movies wirelessly from my iPad Air using Seagate mobile app with no issues or lags BUT the app is not very perfect. This 500GB can hold about 300 of HD videos.