Who held off doing a Try-On so they see it first when delivered

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eagleglen, Apr 23, 2015.

?

Did you attend a Try-on appointment?

1. I pre-ordered and later went to a try-on appointment

22 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. I pre-ordered and have not been to see one in person yet

29 vote(s)
    54.7%
  3. I have seen them in person but did not pre-order one

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Even though there is an Apple Store less than a mile and a half from me, I never went to a try-on appointment, partially so when I receive mine, it will be my first encounter with the watch. Peculiar I know, so I was wonder in anyone else did the same thing.

For comparison, I can see on My UPS that mine will be delivered on Friday. If that wasn't the case, I'd more likely be checking them out in the store. But now that I'll get it at launch, I'm glad I did wait.

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I thought about doing the same thing but when I saw I could get any appointment I wanted at my local store on the 10th, I booked one. I'm glad I did: it just reaffirmed my happiness with my purchase.

Although, TBQH, I was jealous when I tried on the Milanese loop. Fit me perfectly and looked beautiful. Maybe in Gen 2 or 3. I wouldn't spend that much on a first gen device, and even if I wanted to I couldn't.

3. anez macrumors 6502

anez

Me. Seeing one in person would have involved a four-hour return train trip, and I couldn't face it when I had already ordered.

Looking forward to seeing one in person tomorrow/Saturday/before mid-May.

4. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

Hopefully Apple uses the same proprietary band connector so people can keep their watch band collection between at least three generations.

5. Speechless macrumors 6502a

Haven't seen one in person or try on. Want to be surprised when I receive it tomorrow :D

6. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    No I have'nt seen one BUT

I’m based in Qatar just now, so I’ve ordered one to my friend’s house in the UK, luckily he’s flying home on the 26 back to the Qatar 1-2 may, he said his sister is in the house.

I’m in the first wave as I’ve bought a Sport blue strap 42mm, order time 08:04

I think it’s a 1st gen, so I’m not buying an SS, it will be considerably thinner version 2, I think that will be released 18-24 months

7. Audinerd macrumors newbie

Chickened out.

Ordered :apple:Watch @0203CST. Booked appointment promptly thereafter, viewing the try-on appointment site for a minute or two and realizing how fast the appointments were going for both stores in town.

Then decided to wait for launch day delivery (which is happening OMG!) and get more of a surprise / wow factor then. Tried to cancel the appointment (it was first thing the next morning) and couldn't (site down?), so hope they don't hold it against me lol.

The only downside is that I haven't seen the sport band colors in person yet. I ordered a black one, to be safe, but I hear all the colors really look great IRL and photos don't do them justice.

Good luck to everyone and can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!:cool::eek:

8. CASEACE79 macrumors member

I did the exact same thing. Thought it might take away from the awe factor.

9. corlando465 macrumors member

I felt the same way! I KNOW I will love it so I intentionally avoided going to local Apple Store to see or try one prior to mine arriving - which according to my Apple email will be tomorrow! Yah!!!!

10. HussRainbow macrumors regular

HussRainbow

Pre-ordered my Space Black 42mm, saw it briefly in store, then walked out... I wanna be excited for when I unbox it for the first time! :)

11. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I didn't plan to try one on. But I walked into my apple store and there were no appointments. I asked the guy if I could try one on. He was clearly board and eager to show them to me. So I did.

12. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I tried it on in store on the 10th, but honestly it feels like a blur haha. I can't wait to see it tomorrow!

13. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

Confession time -- I've never actually stepped foot in an Apple Store! Been using/buying their products for over a decade, though lol ;)

14. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I pre-ordered but never visited the store. I considered it, but the hour each way wasn't worth it to me these busy weeks I've had.

Plus, like the thread suggestion, I do think there will be a cool factor of seeing it the first time out of the box. Surely, this will be a wow moment that we rarely get?

I think of the first iPod I opened, the first iPad, and my first Mac after many years in 2004. You don't get many of these all new category unboxings.

15. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Hey, what about the choice where you went to the try-on first and then pre-ordered? I feel left out on your poll. lol