Who here has a Moto G?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mclld, Oct 2, 2014.

1. mclld macrumors 68000

I dropped my phone in water and while it still works it has issues so I needed a replacement. I dont need high end so I ended up getting a used Moto G 8 gig on ebay for $80. It is the non LTE version and that is fine as I do not stream movies or anything. I also came across a used LTE 8 gig version for $120, I am thinking about buying it as well and then keeping which one I prefer. My main concern is battery life, with my old phone it will not last a day at all, I may get half a day if lucky. What kind of battery life do you get in real world use out of your G? Will there big a big hit if I was to get the LTE version and keep it instead?

2. bnmcj1 macrumors 6502

Had one. Would take it over iPhone 5s anyday because of the bigger screen. I had the 3G version. Battery life was insanely good.

3. thering1975 macrumors regular

thering1975

we use them for 1st tier managers and they are cracking phones, too small for me but for most a stunning piece of kit considering the price

4. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

I just bought the 8 gig LTE off amazon so I guess I will have both next week and can decide. I got the 8 gig LTE for 110 and the other for 80 do I cant beat the prices and should be able to get my money back on which ever I decide to sell

5. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

I've just gone from a Moto G to a Nexus 5 after getting a good offer on one and you know what I miss going from the G to the N5? The battery life!

Easily one of the best smartphones I've ever used for battery and it performed perfectly for day to dsy usage. Great phone IMO.

Have they arrived yet? What are your impressions? :D

6. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

One should be here today or Monday and battery life is my main concern so that is what I am looking forward to checking out.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I have considered going from the n5 to the LTE moto G for the form factor and battery life.

8. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

I got one in today, pretty slick little phone. I just got all my stuff on it and look forward to the battery test tomorrow

9. three macrumors 6502a

three

I picked up a Verizon Moto G for $60 the other day. I use it as a WiFi device around the house and in the car with the Torque application. I absolutely love and as with the others, I'm very pleased with the battery life! My only gripe is the bootloader can't be unlocked and it can't be fully rooted. :(

10. kevinof macrumors 6502a

I bought two of these for my boys. they love them - great phones and probably the best bang for your buck (or pound). One had my old S2 but loves the bigger screen on the G. Battery life (so far) is great.

Great phones.

11. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

So far at this point in the day at work my phone would be at about 25-30% and that would be with putting on airplane mode a couple times, this thing has been on the whole time and I am at 72%. The battery stats have me at 9h49m. Of course when I'm not at work it would be much lower since I would be using it more but going by this I am more than pleased and can't believe how much I like it. I will be able to get through a full 12 hour shift with plenty of battery life to spare.

12. Twixt macrumors 6502

I am thinking about getting one as a spare phone, but I was not able to find Moto G 4G with 16BG embedded so far...

13. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

I just took this screenshot, very happy about battery performance through my work day. I will test it out Tuesday when I am off to see how the battery does on an off day

[​IMG]

14. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Screen On time?

15. mclld, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

I am not sure

Edit: I just realized I can get note details by selecting screen, I will check tonight before I put it on the charger

16. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Press the screen, it will tell you in hours and minutes.

17. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

Today I am at 14h 51m at 40%, screen time is 2h 23m

18. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

Today was my first non work day of use and right now I am 12h 9m with 2h 12m screen time and my battery is at 57%, I am extremely pleased with this!

19. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

I got the LTE version in yesterday and I put a full charge on it and have been using it since. My battery is at 46% at 21h 22m with 2h 53m of screen time

20. EdwardC macrumors regular

EdwardC

Have one as a back up as well, great phone and the battery life is really good. I think my iPhone 6 is better but not by much!

21. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

Last battery update

I have had it off a charger since yesterday afternoon when I gave it a full charge. I was asleep from around 11:30-7 though

[​IMG]

Screen time is 4 h 51m

22. three macrumors 6502a

three

DANG. A day and a half on the battery with almost 5 hours of screen on time. That's insanely good.

23. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Really impressive.