Who here has an LG/Phillips Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mademan118, Jul 18, 2008.

1. mademan118 macrumors regular

2. dcains macrumors regular

just got my 2.1GHz MB this week, dated W8826. It's got the LG panel, which I've calibrated using a Huey Pantone Pro, and it looks as good as any laptop LCD I've seen.

3. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Don't know if you're interested in older MacBooks (2.0 GHz, C2D) with LG screens, but mine was manufactured in week 50 of 2006.

My LCD Panel information is:

Model: 00009C5F
    Manufacture Date: C01D6580

I calibrated my panel with an LG monitor profile posted by "AbsenceOfTruth" in this thread and my screen looks pretty good.

4. mademan118 thread starter macrumors regular

I am really tempted to take my computer back cause the display is driving me crazy. Colors are washed out and things just dont look that great.

Have the Chi-Mei screen btw.

5. mademan118 thread starter macrumors regular

I really want to get my moneys worth and I want to have the best quality possible. THe samsung screen I had was pretty bright and looked nice, just had a problem with the case. Just nervous getting another Macbook with a flaw... The inconsistency with each model is pretty disturbing :(

6. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

It is aggravating to pay for something that is not performing as it could when there are other devices of the same model which do. Have you tried calibrating the colors on your MacBook's LCD? Calibrating the color of the LCD can make a big difference.

7. mademan118 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried that but did not do to much. It helps with some colors and destroys others. I can not seem to find a profile that makes everything look decent.