who here is happy with iphone4 over ipad ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gdeusthewhizkid, Jul 28, 2010.

1. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

just wanna hear some thoughts or opinions on why iphone4 over ipad? just curious...:cool:

2. aluren macrumors 65816

3. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I'm happy with both. They serve entirely different purposes in my life. I rarely turn on my laptop anymore because I do most web surfing on my iPad.

4. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Both have their own purposes to me. I love the iPhone 4 for the use when I am out and such. It's very portable, obviously. And it's great when I need to find something onion quick. But at home I prefer my iPad for extended use. More screen real estate makes my life easier most of the time. I can not say I like one more than the other.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm happy with my trifecta.

iPhone for complete mobile communications
    iPad for media consumption and couch surfing
    iMac for video editing and most of my content creation

They all serve their purpose and one isn't "better" than the other based on what I use them specifically for.

6. gdeusthewhizkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm nice ... is anyone still even considering apple tvs anymore.... i may look into one in the fall....

7. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I disagree, i think the iPad and the iphone dont serve enough of a different perpose to justify having both. Each to their own though i found it pointless after a while though.

8. Brandonsc macrumors member

I LOVE my iPad. I don't use my MacBook very often anymore. The battery is usually dead in it if I do use it. I'd rather have a 3GS iPhone and iPad then only and iPhone 4.

9. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I like them both.
    I use the iPad 15% of the time, the iPhone 30% of the time (Portable and retina display), and the MacBook pro 55% of the time.

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

This thread has been done before.

OP use Search before you start such a thread!

I'll answer anyway as it adds to my count.

I like both equally, as was posted above each has their use.

11. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I'm in the same boat so ditto here. Love all 3, soon to be four. New iMac and MBP coming soon.

12. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

13. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

Retina and mobility.

14. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

same boat here. Was going to purchase an ipad and then realized the ip4 is amazing for almost everything and if i need more computer power i bring out the macbook. Personally I dont see a use for anything in between.

15. gdeusthewhizkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

i agree withu totally.. if i didnt own a mb pro then i would def own the ipad...

i can't wait to the white iphone 4 comes out and hopefully there's no lines for me to get one....

16. Charadis macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4: Higher display resolution, ability to take pics/movies, ability to make phone calls, and the most important... mobility.

-C

17. illutionz macrumors 65816

They are totally different beast... iPhone is great in doing many stuff but iPad is unrivaled in reading books and magazine.

Yes you can read Kindle and iBooks with iPhone but it's pretty small and I find it uncomfortable to read for extended period of time.

Another thing is that I use Zinio to read my magazines (mostly: The Economist and Bloomberg Newsweek). Unfortunately, the two magazines are only available on iPad format and not iPhone... :(

18. tmerritt530 macrumors member

Well, which one fits in my pocket? no iPad for me that things requires monster pockets

19. aneftp macrumors 68040

Also agreed. I own the same as you. All 3 of them.

That being said, Apple purposely "downclocked the iphone 4 A4 processor". If it were running at full 1GZ speed as opposed to the presumed 700 mhz clock speed, there would be a huge argument one can make about just getting the iPhone 4 over the ipad (if their eyesight is fine for the smaller 3.5 inch iphone 4 screen).

20. MT0227 macrumors 6502

Ditto!

21. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

When I had my 3GS I loved it. Then when I got my iPad at launch I only used the iPhone for calls. Then when I got my iPhone 4 I rarely used the iPad and sold it. New gadget wins.

Overall though the iPhone now accomplishes the one thing that would've made the iPad a keeper for me. Video conferencing.

22. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

23. fairoasis macrumors member

Owning Apple Products is like being a parent...you love them all, they are all special, and you interact with each differently.
    I love my iPhone...it is portable, has a beautiful display, makes calls, texts, and can pull up emails that I might need throughout the day, but, for major things it's just too difficult to read/scroll. The iPad is more comfortable for portable computing needs: reading, watching TV/Movies, email, games, etc.
    My MBP is the tie that binds. It's the powerhouse and keeps the rest of the kids in line.

24. lskeys macrumors member

I use all my apple products frequently. Just waiting on my dell desktop to die and I will add Mac Pro:D:apple::apple::apple::apple:

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Wise words, Brandonsc.

Granted, I really am gonna get an ip4 as soon as I can get time to start calling around to find one.... um... to compliment my iPad (which I use really for books and web surfing)