Who here is just plain happy with their iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seenett, Jun 23, 2010.

1. seenett macrumors regular

I am!

• Received it a day early (as promised)
    • Quick activation via iTunes
    • Love the speed
    • Love the screen
    • Enjoying a major performance upgrade from my 3G
    • No yellowing
    • No reception issues
    • Louder speaker
    • Louder phone volume via blue tooth

Surely I am not the only EXTREMELY happy camper today?

2. Nckcard macrumors regular

I admire your optimism! I won't be getting a phone until Sunday night, or Monday, but I plan to be happy with what I get!

3. Hawklight macrumors member

I agree, no problems here and so far so good!

4. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

I hope I'm going to be this ecstatic when I get it tomorrow. I'm going to remain optimistic, as well. No Negative Nancy crap for me. :cool:

5. 84jeepjohn macrumors newbie

Very happy with mine. I do have reception issues still. But that's in part to where I am. My VERY first call rang once and BAM call failed :(. Should I be mad? Yeah. But again I know mine is location

6. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

7. redraidermacman macrumors regular

been a great experience so far.....camera is amazing, screen is even more so and its super responsive.....only problem here is best buy wouldnt sell me a case until tomorrow....

8. PureRED macrumors member

PureRED

9. seenett thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting. I walked into my Best By and pulled a new case right off their rack. They only had one available - black silicone.

10. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Love mine! I had to do a restore already though due to some syncing problems but hopefully those are all fixed.

11. Mark Scheuern macrumors member

Me! Very nice upgrade from my first-gen iPhone.

12. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

I'm extremely happy with mine as well. I think this is one of the first Apple products I've gotten with NO defects of any kind. The screen is beautiful (no discoloration, spots, etc.), and the reception seems greatly improved.

Couldn't be happier!

13. elephunkman macrumors 65816

14. Maguire macrumors member

ME! ME! ME! Love it! I gave my iphone 3G to my niece and she was so excited to get it. All in all, we are both happy campers tonight :)

15. redraidermacman macrumors regular

yeah, we went to 2 different locations and they told us they were holding them until tomorrow and werent allowed to sell them, the guy was very surprised when we told him we already had the phone....

16. redraidermacman macrumors regular

yes, much and the speakerphone is light years better than the old phones...

17. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

In a world on MR that it's users insist on making the smallest thing seem like the biggest problem, I found this thread rather relieving.

To answer your question, yes, I am super happy with the iPhone 4. Like you, I received mine today as well (as promised). This is a major leap forward from the iPhone 3G. The design, the screen, the overall better performance, amazing camera, front facing camera is a plus too, it is just so perfect. Also, in conjunction with the new hardware, iOS4 is incredible too. I love the fast app switching, rotation lock, home screen wallpaper, messaging character count and spell check.

So far, the only thing not good is that 3rd party apps are pixelated. I'm sure all that will be fixed within a week though. As steve said, it is easy as pie to re-write the app to work with the new retina display

18. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Is it really louder? Two previous "louder" iPhones proved not to be. :rolleyes:

19. Built macrumors 68020

I agree with you on ALL POINTS. I LOVE IT. (I've had the 1st gen and the 3G....The i4 is INCREDIBLE.)

20. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

AT&T also has a large number of cases available, though I would definitely go tonight to pick one up... They'll be all gone tomorrow.

The Best Buys in my area didn't have any iPhone 4 cases yet, so I swung by the AT&T store and picked up a black Incipio case (never heard of them) for $24. It's actually a really nice case.

It's like silicone, but much harder than normal. It' almost like a hard shell case, just more flexible and much less likely to scratch the phone it's protecting. I'm very happy.

When the Griffin Reveal comes out, I think I'm gonna pick one up. But until then, I'm very happy with this one.

21. twofivethreetwo macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. I am loving the new phone. The display is what amazes me more then anything. I'm a web designer/developer by day so I look at pixels all day and this thing is just amazing. Compared it side by side to the 3GS and its crazy the difference in an app like iBooks.

I also have no issues with the phone so far and have played with it for most of the day. I do feel for those who have issues and the limited supply so the delay in getting replacements.

22. MemphisDave macrumors regular

MemphisDave

Went from a JaiLbroken 3G to the i4 today. Woah! it's a very nice improvement!
    I'm beginning to realize I was spoiled with the customization of a jailbroken iphone, but love the i4's speed, camera, video and folder feature. Definitely worth $200 jumping from a 3G.
    MemphisDave

23. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

thats strange, i was able to get one from best buy, but they had them locked up in a cabinet. i had to ask if they had them and i showed them my phone before they let me buy one.

as for my iphone, i LOVE it, i don't know how apple is going to top this next june.

24. phrint macrumors 6502

Love the phone. It's leaps and bounds ahead of even the 3GS - IMO. +1 to everything said so far. I believe the speaker is louder because of the noise-canceling mic at the top of the phone. When I play back video it sounds amazing and clear. This is something other manufacturers (Motorola - think Droid) should copy. Amazing stuff.

25. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

+1

Not much to complain about.

I did think it was funny that BestBuy is safeguarding all their i4 accessories till tomorrow. I was in there with my phone...and they wouldn't even let me see what they had.