Who here is looking forward to iCloud Keychain?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bag of kittens, Jun 17, 2013.

1. bag of kittens macrumors regular

bag of kittens

Whenever I use my iPad 3 and iPhone 4s, sometimes I don't log onto various websites because I don't have all the different username/password configurations memorized.

If iCloud Keychain does what it is supposed to do, then this alone is worth the price of admission for iOS 7!!!!!

No more password resets via email!

:p

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Hackers who get access to your iCloud password, then can now access every other site too.

3. A Top Bloke macrumors newbie

1Password stole my heart many years ago, I'm afraid.

4. bag of kittens thread starter macrumors regular

bag of kittens

The thing is, 1Password costs money.

And iCloud Keychain is free.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

6. A Top Bloke macrumors newbie

I can't even remember how much I paid for 1Password, but I can definitely say it was worth it. I mean, come on, it's not photoshop. How much does it cost? like £15? That's nothing.

I don't even plan on using iCloud keychain at all when it's released. Why would I want all my passwords, credit card details stored under an account which already has too much personal information on it?

If someone gets into your Apple ID these days, it's a really huge deal. They can buy stuff with your money, access your notes, access your contacts, access your iWork documents, access your freaking email, and set reminders telling you to buy milk WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE MILK.

I think I'll pass on iCloud keychain. 1Password does the job just as well, and far more securely.

7. bag of kittens thread starter macrumors regular

bag of kittens

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH MILK.

I'm not even referring to bank accounts, sensitive information, etc. Just things like my login and password for MacRumors, etc.

It will be a huge selling point in my opinion, one that brings people further into Apple's ecosystem.

And also, it's a feature that Android doesn't have but will be sure to copy ;)

8. HCO macrumors regular

HCO

i don't think i will use this feature at all. just too much risk involved on having every password in one location where one password will give someone every password.

9. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

I haven't looked into it too much but what happens if someone gets hold of your device? Do they have full access to your accounts tied to your keychain until you lock it with 'find my iphone/mac'?

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

All it takes, is one kitty with FELV to infect the rest of the unvaccinated litter. ;)

11. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Cat HIV?

I might use the Keychain and keep a low balance CC on there for internet purchases and whatnot. I wouldnt put my bank account password on there...