Who here is on Leopard/Tiger or below?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LeandrodaFL, Dec 7, 2013.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

i was wondering why users havent upgraded yet from some old OS versions. Probavly, you think your verison is the best, so I wouldapreciate if you could share your thoughts.

Why do you think Tiger is the best? Or chetaah is the best?

Ima asking cause I refused upgrading drom SL. But i dunno if im sufering from "change paranoia", I wonder if I had tasted previows OS's, I would have refused upgrading then too...

2. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I have a PPC iMac G5 in my kitchen running Leopard. I would upgrade but unfortunately the last OS X to support PPC is Leopard. Works well for some light browsing and music streaming.

3. monkeybagel, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013

monkeybagel macrumors 65816

Fix Autocorrect fail.

10.6 is the earliest 'modern' OS that anyone should be running. If folks are still running anything below 10.4, it would be because they are running PowerPC architecture and can't go past 10.5. Only a few Intel machines can be updates to the current OS that started off with 10.4 (i.e. 2007 iMac).

Running anything below 10.6 would really limit your computing options this day in time.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

That's quite an assumption. It would be difficult to say the least for most users to try a newer OS in order to decide whether or not to upgrade. Thus, I assume (hey, why not?) most of us get our information from forums, magazines, visiting an Apple Store... I haven't upgraded from Leopard because I haven't bought a newer Mac. Mine came with Leopard, I updated it as those came out, and I'm perfectly happy with it. I don't need an upgrade.