Who here is switching "back" to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sootie, Jun 9, 2010.

1. sootie macrumors member

I got bored with iphone os and was growing tired of AT&Ts lackadaisical service so I switched to tmobiles nexus one.....horrible mistake IMO
    The default music player nor any of the marketplace ones were even close to the iphone ipod...the os wasn't as organized as I was used to....I just ended up switching to a blackberry for the time being....it was nice but the multimedia on the blackberry just isn't where I need it to be....they were both good phones but I just now realized that the iphone is perfect for me...

I just want to know who here got tired of either AT&T or the iphone in general and switched to another carrier recently and now that iphone 4 was released they are switching back to AT&T and iPhone?

2. sootie thread starter macrumors member

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I switched back to the iPhone/AT&T today.

I was using the Evo on Sprint and although the phone was A-frickin-mazing, I just wasn't comfortable leaving AT&T. I've been with them for almost five years and they've always been very reliable with their coverage and customer service. They also granted me an early upgrade at the last minute so I'll be saving myself about $250 (early term. fee and first bill with Sprint).

I'm not 100% sure I'm getting iPhone 4 yet. I really enjoyed Android while I was using it and if something appealing drops on AT&T sometime this month I may snatch it up.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

There are still plenty of things that I do not like about iphone. Apple took so long to put picture messaging, copy and paste.

I stayed with AT&T because Sprint service was awful and Verizon was not so kind to me.

With that being said, I would not go with Android until they fix their biggest problem. In my opinion, android needs to communicate better with HTC, Samsung and other phone makers. It took them so long to update to 2.1 on most of Android devices and the device like Samsung Behold was promised to be update to 2.1 and samsung just said, "Nope sorry."
    I like iphone because apple handles both hardware and software. They always roll out the software updates at the same time for every iphones. I can handle few weeks differences, but I cannot deal with 6 months of waiting.

5. sootie thread starter macrumors member

what else would drop that would better than iPhone 4

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I agree with this. For the first couple of days I was convinced that I would be keeping the Evo. The next Android update, Froyo, is rumored to be coming very soon and is said to improve the performance of the operating system considerably. I thought "what an exciting time to be an Android user".

Then I sat back, thought about it and realized that there is in fact no official (or even speculated, for that matter) date when this update will begin to be released. On top of that, I have to wait for Google to code it for the Sense UI which supposedly takes a while longer. THEN I have to wait for HTC to push the update out. No thanks.

4.0 is dropping on the 21st. If it's jailbroken by then (pretty sure it's already been done) then I will be getting it on my 3GS. Exciting enough for me, I'd say.

No way to tell, my friend.

Try not to be so set on one product. You ever seen the blinders they put on horses so they don't get spooked? They sure do miss a lot of pretty scenery on their trots down the countryside.

7. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

had 3g, switched to BB bold (love BBM) and switching back to iphone 4 :D

8. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I'm switching back. Tried the Evo on Sprint and my data connection is nowhere as fast as the one I have on ATT (have no 4G in my area). Strange I know, always thought EVDO rev A was faster than ATT 3G, but apparently not. Plus it didn't help that I only got 1-2 bar in my apartment on Sprint vs full bars on ATT.

Android is amazing, but reception is better.
    Also I'm probably one of the few that hasn't had problems with ATT network such as never having a dropped call.

9. mbell75 macrumors 6502

You lost your Android card. Please remove your avatar at once :)

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have been using a Windows Mobile 6.1 phone since October 2008 after using an original iPhone from January 2008. I am hoping to switch back next month.

11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Android just announced 2.2 Froyo and they did not give an official dates on every phones. HTC could say it's google's fault or Google could say it's HTC fault. I do not want to deal with that. With that being said, they just announced 2.3 will be released this holiday. That's less than 4-5 months from now on. Can they absolutely guarantee that 2.3 will be updated on latest HTC devices? Are they doing best they can?

Without someone who can clearly answer this, I will not buy Android.

12. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'm sort of debating coming "back" but not 100% for a "trial" run. I've probably owned at least 7 of the major smartphone releases (most recently the Droid Incredible) and I don't think I can completely give up Android for iOS just yet.

Android needs polish but in the time I've been away from the iPhone platform (I've owned every iPhone as well), I've grown accustomed to Android's notification system which IMO, is far superior to what iOS has. I also have taking a liking to instant Gmail push and fully integrated Google Voice, which works amazing as a voicemail service.

What do I miss about the iPhone then? The app market. While I don't agree with a lot of Apple's practices there are some quality apps and games on their platform. Android is catching up quickly but it's not quite "there" yet.

I've come to the conclusion that I love gadgets too much to be stuck with one platform. I'm currently using the Motorola Droid-- running Froyo (Android 2.2 -- fast!!) which is a geek's delight thanks to it's huge hacking community but I plan to get the iPhone 4 just because I want to see what I'm missing (and if AT&T has truly improved their network).

13. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Im coming back for the first time since I bought the 2G on launch day and used it for 6 months before hopping back to Verizon. Im tired of waiting on Verizon so Im porting my line from my family plan to AT&T and picking up this masterpiece of modern technology. Im keeping my wife on Verizon and the line I use for real estate related business as my backup phone. Im still not 100% sold on AT&T and Id like the backup line in case.

14. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Oh - so YOU'RE the one...

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Unfortunately, I am.:(

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I still have a Nexus One. My Android Card is warm and safe in my wallet. ;)

17. Audi09 macrumors member

I left ATT about 6 months ago and sold my iphone 3GS. I went to nexus one/ t-mobile and love it. Now I just want something new its going to be either iphone 4 or Galaxy S. Not sure what to do.:confused:
    Im paying t-mobile 120$/mo for 4 lines, w/ unlimited text/data and 750min.
    If I canceled my phone maybe the bill would go down to 90$. If I went back to ATT got the iphone4 the payment would be about 70$ just for that 1 line. Im not paying 160$ a mo for serice

18. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

One time I was at the St. Louis Science Center with some friends, and I got separated from them. Thinking I had spotted one of them, I came up behind him and used an expletive to refer to the rest of the missing friends. Turns out it wasn't him. Awkward. I got more stories if you want them.

19. androiphone macrumors 65816

HTC have to code it to sense UI, google gives out the vanilla OS code and the manufactures add their cr@p to the device!

how it should work, and how google should have made it, is that ONLY the vanilla OS can be used and that the manufactures only can add their specific device drivers to the OS - untill the fragmentation is fully sorted I would not buy an android device or would only consider the nexus one which is maintained direct from google - and TBH I quite like android just not with the stupid fragmentation - google and the manufactures SORT IT OUT

20. rucc22 macrumors member

Yes. I had the 3g and then 3GS. After dropping a few more calls than I would like I switched back to verizon and got a blackberry tour in december. While it is a solid phone it just cannot compare to the iphone. Within 3 months I decided to get the moto droid. Loved it for about a month and now I'm sick of it. Its got no pizzazz lol. but there's just something about the iphone. I'm a big apple guy and came to the conclusion that I will not be fully happy with any other phone. So june 24 I will be making the switch back to the iphone. And I will have to pay the $300+ etf for 2 lines(me and my girl). But I want and neeeeed my iphone!

21. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

After a disastrous experience with a Blackberry I purchased a used iPhone 2G for use on T-Mobile shortly after the release of the iPhone 3G. After about a year the screen on my iPhone died and I decided to make the move to Android with a T-Mobile MyTouch 3G. This was right before the flood of "real" Android handsets and I feel like I'm paying a little bit of the early adopter price with an underpowered handset.

My experience with Android has probably been marred by the phone it's running on I've used it on a Nexus One and I've still found the Android OS to be rather unpolished. The notifications and "open-ness" are nice but nothing compares to the user experience of iOS on a new iPhone.

June 24 can't get here soon enough :cool: