Who here is waiting for Apple Watch 2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by saintforlife, Apr 22, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

What are some features you want in the 2nd generation Apple Watch?

My list:

• Thinner
    • Lighter
    • Faster processor
    • Longer battery life
    • Full GPS and Wifi connectivity

2. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

You're smarter and more patient than most of us.

I'll skip the 2 myself since I got the 1 — it's the 3 that I think will be the full-blown update with likely the lack of the phone as a key feature as it'll be tied to a carrier.

The ones you said seem like they'll mostly be in the 2, but I think we're still a few years off before things ge that drastically better, especially in terms of the thinness.

3. macAllen macrumors 6502

macAllen

It's made already.... That is what  does. Make a product that will pass the market, and save all the other ideas that they had for the next one.

just my $0.02

4. Hexcruncher macrumors regular

I'm not so sure the processor needs to be much faster considering the iPhone is currently being used as the processor for the watch essentially. When native apps come about sure I can understand a processor bump, but I dunno if that's gonna happen in the next iteration.

Also Wi-Fi is currently in the Apple Watch. It's kind of cool, CNET said you can have most core functionality even when your iPhone has died if you're near a known Wi-Fi hotspot.

But yeah I would have waited to second gen if I wasn't excited about Apple Watch. The product can be refined and improved in so many ways and it will. I just don't see the point in deciding to wait for the next generation or the better model. If we always judged purchases like that none of us would have Apple products.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Sure.

I'm waiting for it.

While using my Apple Watch 1 until that time.

6. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

Thinner lighter and more battery? Are you drinkin kidding me lol

I just want a better battery don't they dare make it tinner when they could have put more battery instead. It's alreasy super small and light #

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Ditto, and also waiting on the iPhone 6S or 7 the same way.

8. MojoRisinSD macrumors regular

The only way you will have a chance of getting all of those features in a 2nd Gen :apple:Watch is if the refresh cycle is at least 2 - 3 years, which I believe it will be. Otherwise, you might get the battery life and speed bump if it is a yearly refresh. The bottom line is that you will probably be waiting a few years if you are holding out for all of those features... though, I'm not sure you will even get all of them at that point either.

9. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I am, for now I will enjoy the Apple Watch I have on order, hope to get it VERY SOON :)

10. BillabongJoe macrumors member

BillabongJoe

I got the Sport instead of the SS because I wanted to give myself the option of getting the second gen if it was significantly improved, and didn't want to drop £700 two years in a row.

11. februarian macrumors 6502

februarian

Who here is waiting for Apple Watch 2?

Ditto twice!

12. ksz macrumors 68000

I definitely want version 1 so it can be added later to my home museum of inaugural Apple products. iPhone 1, iPad 1, iPod 1, and now Watch 1.

13. februarian macrumors 6502

februarian

I'm really really hoping for it to be at least a 2 year refresh cycle. And looking at Apple Watch inventory that has ship dates going to July for US market alone with plans nowhere within sight of a further rollout beyond the launch countries, I'm doubly inclined to believe so.

14. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors regular

That thing where you decide to post something, only to find someone said it word for word.

I figure if having Apple Watch 1.0 = 100% capability, Watch 2.0 will be like 120%, whereas having none = 0%.

15. SinkOrSwim macrumors regular

SinkOrSwim

I am not sure if I'm skipping the first Apple watch (SS Space Gray can't be purchased by itself). I'm still hoping that it will change.

But for the Apple Watch 2:
    1. Titanium.
    2. Fully waterproof.
    3. Faster processor/More space/Longer battery life.
    4. Can work without the need of an iPhone/LTE/Better wifi.

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

This.

17. tsrail macrumors newbie

Looking forward to Apple Watch 2, and the iPhone Micro.

[​IMG]

18. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

My AW2 order is still "In Processing." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apple "Genius" told me to check my flux capacitor. Jerk.

19. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

I'm expecting an 18-24 month refresh cycle on this technology. You gotta expect thinner/battery life improvements and processor boosts -- I just hope the bands will be forward/backwards compatible.

20. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

And when that one comes out... you will still want:

• Thinner
    • Lighter
    • Faster processor
    • Longer battery life
    • Full GPS and Wifi connectivity

and you will wait for the 3rd version.

21. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Me. Looking forward to it.

Until then enjoying my SG Sport.

22. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I can barely wait until Friday, there is no way I could wait a year for the next model.

23. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

If in fact they are on a yearly cycle (I'm not so sure), the upgrades will be much more incremental than folks are expecting. They aren't going to redesign this thing every year. You could be waiting a long time for your full wish list to come true as a result.

24. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I think I can say already that I will be up at 2AM again one year from now getting my order in within the first minute. The nice thing this next time is I will have a year to decide my band and material choice. In the mean time I will enjoy version 1.

In the next version I would like to see GPS and elevation sensors and battery life equal to my 6 plus.

25. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

More battery does not equal longer battery life....and there may be other unwanted comprmises with a bigger battery.