Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BartoK

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I just got back from my local Apple Store and the Tiger event where my wife practically begged me to get an iMac. I just couldn't do it, though! I may actually kick myself for not getting a mini...but that's another post.

Waiting really bites and at this point I've been hoping for "next week" for 5 months. I'm stuck now, though because it almost HAS TO HAPPEN in the next week or two. Please Apple - just give us an updated iMac!

Someone out there please tell me you have the same sad story...

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
i'm likely going to get a Rev C. i'll be updating around the end of the year, so i'll try and keep my TiBook running a little while longer until then. If the Rev B is released next week (which seems likely), i figure Rev C will appear at MWSF 06.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
My Dad needed a new computer for his office, so I convinced him to give them our home computer (very new and in great shape), and get us a new iMac.

He needs the computer in his office within the next few weeks but I wont let him buy the iMac until the new ones come out. PLEASE APPLE RELEASE THEM SOON.

I may have to giveup my powerbook and let them use that as the family computer until we can get our new iMac. :(

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
BartoK said:
I just got back from my local Apple Store and the Tiger event where my wife practically begged me to get an iMac. I just couldn't do it, though! I may actually kick myself for not getting a mini...but that's another post.

Waiting really bites and at this point I've been hoping for "next week" for 5 months. I'm stuck now, though because it almost HAS TO HAPPEN in the next week or two. Please Apple - just give us an updated iMac!

Someone out there please tell me you have the same sad story...

similar story, different outcome. after waiting all march for an update the rumors where out that the updates will be rather minor (GPU and clockspeed). also no sign of a 23" HD iMac.
since the powermac prediction where true i expect the imac predictions to be true as well.
the imacs will be a great value if you need a mac but they won't justify the expense when you have a decent mac anyway.

so i bought a mountainbike instead and wait for revision C or later.

sorry Apple, but if you want my money i need better upgrades more frequently.

andi

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I've been waiting for a while now, following all the "next tues" rumors for weeks now. Trying to decide if I really want to upgrade my 17" 1Ghz G4 iMac to a 20" G5. I like the design of the G4 better but I'd like the G5 and the 20" screen.

I may go for a Rev A refurb if they drop in price. The 20" is $1599 right now. If that drops down to $1400 I may just go for it. A 1.8Ghz G5 would be fine for me and I'm not a gamer so the video card is fine, but maybe I should get the new one with core image support...decisions, decisions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.