Who Here Knows Keynote? Questions!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ahheck01, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Two big issues using Keynote:

1) When a .swf file is playing a loop on a slide, the clicker won't advance to the next slide. You literally have to bring up your slide list and click on the next slide. I know we could make a .mov file and tell that to loop, but editing that each time this loop needs to change (which is frequent) is a big pain we'd like to avoid.

2) In powerpoint, when I hide a slide, then it doesn't normally show in a presentation. However, if I do have someone that asks a question pertaining to a hidden slide, in presenter mode I can still see the hidden slides and bring one up. In Keynote, if I hide a slide, the only way for me to bring it up during a presentation is to exit out of the presentation, find the slide in the file, and hit play again - very unprofessional. Any help?

Many thanks!

-Evan

2. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

I"d be happy to offer $10 paypal gift to anyone who can find a solution to either of these problems!!

3. steveoc macrumors regular

For #2, you could create links in the slide to other slides.

4. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

This would be a very rough solution, but can I create links within a slide to "skipped" slides?

5. steveoc macrumors regular

Indeed it is rough, but I've used it. I would put the linked slides at the end of the slideshow and include links back to the referring slides.