Who here uses both an iPad mini and an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SunshineFires, Apr 2, 2016.

1. SunshineFires macrumors regular

SunshineFires

Reason I'm asking is because I currently own an iPad mini 2 and kind of miss the full size iPad experience. But I'm not sure if it's practical to invest in an iPad Pro 9.7 without making my mini redundant. Would love to hear from those who use both on a daily basis.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I do. I have all three. And I think the Mini is in danger of getting sold.

3. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Same here. I have a mini 4, an iPad Air 2 and the larger pro. The air 2 is
    in use continually as a general purpose tablet, the pro for mainly watching movies and the mini is only used as a monitor for my DJI phantom 3.
    Horses for courses!

4. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

The Mini is Too Mini at this Point. It can't do Side By Side as far as I know. In my life theres room for a Laptop or Desktop a Smartphone and a Tablet thats more than I need. Now a Mini just does not cut it.

5. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I did have a Mini at the same time as my Air 2.
    I kept it mainly for debugging my apps because once I had the Air the Mini just didn't get used at all. I found going back to the smaller screen uncomfortable after using a bigger one.

Personally I'd sell the Mini and put the money towards an iPad Air 2 or Pro. Unless you really have need for a smal screen at times the bigger ones just outclass it for reading comfort.

6. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I do and have for a long time. My Mini is my take along and bed reader. iPad is for everything else.

7. imac09 macrumors member

My mini hasn't been touched since I received the 9.7" iPP...

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The Mini has a market. It is ultra portable. Some people like or need that.

9. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I'd like a Mini but the 9.7 iPad Pro is the best I will be getting a Samsung Tab S3 at 8 inches you just can't beat OLED.

10. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I was using a mini2 and Air, but at home, I just can't bring myself to pick up the mini2, when I have both a MacBook Pro and an iPad Air. The screen is too small to make me want to use it at home over the other 2. However, for on the go portability, the mini is awesome. I've recently sold my mini and bought the iPad Pro 9.7, and I'm gonna probably stick with that size only.

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

It can but you need a mini 4.

I have an Air 2 and mini 2 and my mini gets some use, but really only while my Air is charging or just when I'm trying to save my Air's battery because I know I'll be taking it out later. I'd probably use it a lot more if it was a mini 4, but I'm not going to go out and buy a second iPad. The mini 2 was a gift.

12. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I have both, but the Mini is my go to and take along tablet. But that's just me.
    I use my mini 95% of the time, but I do use my Air daily. Using it now actually.
    Sounds like you want the 9.7, so go for it.

13. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I use all three.
    Mini going out and about and in the car, remote for atvs
    9.7 in bed, kitchen, remote for atvs, casual browsing browsing.
    12.9 productivity, watching movies, extra screen

14. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I have a Mini 4 and the iPP97.

Mini is perfect for in the biscuit(bed) or curled up personal use. Display is creamy beautiful.

I'm trying to readjust to the 9.7. It's sized best for sitting/lap use and the bigger screen is more easily viewable when on the treadmill.

I'm not at a point of a decision yet. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

It does side by side and video pop out just fine on the latest Mini 4:

16. mackie8 macrumors 6502

i have mini 2 before .. then i sold it for air 2 i hate the display of mini 2..... but after that i find air 2 too big to carry ....
    and now i bought mini 4 as my go to tablet... its always in my bag for media ,browsing, clash of clans while on the train..... but whenever i reach home i use my air 2 for movies .. drawing. and some games..