Who here uses "my favorites" in the phone app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I just learned what it's used for, but never questioned up to now the purpose of it. Is "favorites" strictly used for only favorite numbers (emergency calls) you'd like to receive (and for them to ring) if the iPhone is set to vibrate?

Does it serve any other purpose?

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I have my 'favourite' contacts in 'favourites'.

Instead of my list of 200+ contacts to scroll through, I have a list of 8 in my favourites.

Makes them easier to find.

The other stuff, like on Do Not Disturb, their calls come through is just a nice bonus :)

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Favorites can be used for the purposes of bypassing DND, although the original and more widespread use of it is simply to have a quick-dial type of list of most commonly called numbers, so you can quickly go there and dial a number with just a single tap essentially rather than finding it somewhere else (in recent calls or contacts directly). Seems like a fairly straightforward use of a feature like that.

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Yep. Been using this since the first iPhone. Back then, I had the double-click Home button setup to go to Favorites. Think of it as Apple's version of speed dial.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Favorites can also be split out. For instance, I have a favorite for my wife for both Facetime and calls. You could also set one for texting or emailing.

It's easier to just go there than to try and find your contacts, open the contact and then press the appropriate button.

Of course, if you jailbreak you get other options. :D

Callbar for one. Placing calls from the lockscreen is way easier than having to unlock and open the Phone app. :D

6. cynics macrumors G4

You can set favorites to ring when the phone is set to do not disturb.

I use this for when I'm on call for work. So I can have DnD on and the phone is silent but work can still contact me and the ringer will wake me up if I'm asleep.

I also use favorites for quick access to the most called contacts.

7. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I only have my family in my favorites (4 people) because those are the people I call most frequently.

I don't use my phone for a lot of phone calls, I try to avoid them as much as possible.