Who here uses their iPhone for iPhone-related stuff?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Oct 30, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I feel like I'm not getting the full use out of my iPhone because I use my iPhone to look up websites (such as MacRumors) for stuff about the iPhone.

As you may know, I am pretty active in the iPhone section of this forum and I do a lot of it FROM my iPhone as well. Other times, I look up iPhone wallpapers. Then I also look at other websites that have reviews about iPhone accessories and AppStore reviews.

How freaking obsessed am I? I'm using the product to read about the same product! It's kind of sickening and it has to stop. My question is... what am I going to do on my iPhone if I stop reading about the iPhone? Safari will hardly get used and all my RSS feeds will be useless.

It's a never-ending problem... I'm ALWAYS waiting for the next thing. Why am I always waiting. I check every day to see if I have 3G... I wait for that... I also check every day to see if Apple released a Software Update to enable Push... I'm waiting for that also. Then when I get 3G and Push, I'll be waiting for something else! It's never going to end is it?

In conclusion, how many of you are using your iPhone for a lot of iPhone-related news, reviews and rumors?

I gotta make it stop somehow. I gotta get out more and enjoy my non-iPhone life I guess... this thing has changed me so much.

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

If it's in my hands, I'm fooling with something on it. You are NOT alone. However, the first step to recovery is to admit it. Welcome to iA iPhone Anonymous.

And to help you stay on track, we have some lovely iPhone Apps available in the App store as well as a Web App. We will also send you nice SMS's periodically to check on your progress and leave visual voice mails with words of encouragement.

Don't forget to sign in to the iA website (only accessible via iPhone Safari) once you do you can see the other iA members and their import their contact info and look on the Map for their current location in relation to yourself in case you want to meet up for lunch and discuss the progress each other is making in recovery or to just chat over coffee.

We also have an iCal you can import to your Mac to sync up to your iPhone to stay in touch with all the iA activities.

We will also provide a personalized iA mail account so you can check your mail and submit any questions or concerns regarding your iPhone addiction recovery steps on your iPhone and sync it up on your Mac as well.

Again, Welcome to iA be sure to download our podcasts specially designed for the iPhone.

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

How will that help me? If I'm still constantly using the iPhone to check up on my iA iPhone Anonymous, then I'll still be using the iPhone for iPhone stuff... it's a vicious circle!

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

********Posted from my iPhone********

ROFLMAO :):p:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::):p

Hey, didn't say the system was perfect. HAHAHA

Come to think of it.... nobody here has gotten passed the first step :confused:

5. walnuts macrumors 6502

You know, I had a similar feeling. I was waiting in line at the apple store to buy something, and to kill time I took out my iphone to check my mostly mac related RSS feeds. I felt disgusted with myself and put the phone away.

6. wagbass macrumors newbie

wagbass

yep, self-confessed iPhone slut. Just got to keep touching it, fetishing it, cleaning it. :D:p

7. Lamplighter77 macrumors member

My girlfriend used to b**** about me playing with my phone too much right when I got it because I too couldn't put it down...Then two weeks later when she got hers I stopped hearing it all the time because she was too busy playing with hers. Since then I have managed to tame my addiction down a good bit but I still would probably benefit from some iphones anonymous.

8. RiGo macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Adictive personality.

Be thankful your vice is a gadget. Don't ever try crack - or drugs in general - or you're screwed.

9. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Yeah, I need to join iA. I have a problem, but what if I like my problem... I see it as something to look forward to. That's about all that it does for me. I love my iPhone and don't know what I would do without it, but at the same time I feel like it is me. Sadly enough, and as hard that is to hear - it's somewhat true, but just like others follow a baseball, or football teams (PACKERS!) As I also do additionally...

I don't really know what else to say, I feel like saying more, but I'm done... okay now I'm talking about talking...

10. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

You're not alone. I have to put it away cause i spend to much time on it. The fact is that sometimes im reading a book stanza and i stop it with the the thinking "maybe today i get a word on push notifications" then i cease reading that book and go to safari to macrumors.
    Well, maybe i had great expectations for this device when i bought it, now i know that the thing is underpowered and i can't change it. The developer fee, the strict store and no word on what they promised in june,.. well makes me try to change something that i cant change.

So, put that thing away, good news will come in months. Meanwhile, get a life everyday maybe will see that iphone is just a.. iphone.

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Lol. I feel the same. I can't put the thing down, and I've had my 3G since early September, and an original iPhone since February.
    No other device has caught my attention, for so long, and it shows no sign of abating.
    I love gadgets, but the honeymoon period for them usually lasts about one month(2, max), including every phone I've had pre iPhone.

And yeah, besides calls and texts, I spend more time browsing Macrumors, iLounge, etc, etc, more than anything else, looking for my next fix of iPhone news!
    Nay-sayers just don't get it. Only Apple can inspire so much... love for an inanimate object. :D

12. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The funny thing is...

If I didn't have an iPhone, I wouldn't be looking at iPhone stuff, and therefore I wouldn't need an iPhone.

You know... I used to hate cell phones (and phones in general). I hated and hardly used every cell phone I ever owned.

It's different with the iPhone. I just can't put it down!... and when I DO put it down, I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth out of it because if it's just sitting there, I still have to pay for it at the end of the month the same amount. You know?

13. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

IMHO, it would be more sickening if you were using your iPhone to feed your Windows Mobile obsession. ;)

Oh, and for the record, yeah... Me too. :)

14. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I have that as well.

I don't dabble in anything. I obsess in everything I do.

In fact, high school was very interesting for me, as I smoked my way through it, one puff after anther.

I grew out of that though, and into other obsessions (such as my iPhone obsession). :)

15. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

16. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

i agree, haha deff. not using my iphone to the fullest of it's capabilities :apple:

17. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

So you cant stop obsessing is what your saying?

Simple, ........get a Blackberry and just be happy you have a phone that does a lot of things and move on to other aspects of your life. You shouldnt have to keep worrying about new apps and revolve your life around a phone.

Maybe go find a girlfriend ;)

I have a Blackbery Pearl and only a 4 GB iPhone. Havent had the iPhone long and just playing around with it. Unlocked it, jailbreaking it , etc..... I will keep one of them, the other i will sell...or may sell both if i feel i need more than 4 GB and that is the one i want....but then having a phone that is worth a lot of money kinda sucks too because i can drop it. Maybe ill keep the pearl...i dont know, but i dont fuss over either of them. Just dont know right now if i care enough to be able to have a bunch of games or not(dont have any on my Pearl).
    I also have a 16 GB iPod i bought for $399 that i dont use very much, but do use it. The iPhone was only $100. I will keep the iPod regardless of how little or much i use it.

18. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

So OP... you're paying $70ish a month to browse iPhone news on your phone... but it sounds like you never leave your mom's basement anyway, so couldn't you just do that on your computer?

19. mr-macintosh macrumors member

dude, you have no idea, all the girls I'm with say "you're on that god damn thing all the time" which is completley true hahah I use it for games, internet, apps, iPod .... everything. and I was at borders the other day and bought two iPhone cases from my iPhone haha (I already have 4) I cant put it down. And my Level of online social interaction has gretly increased: Macrumore, Youtube, Myspace, Facebook, Blog, and Twitter. I WAYYY overy obsess about it, to the point where I challenge people with other touch screen phones just to show them mine is better hahaha... and if i'm not on that I'm using the macbook. Apple runs my life... HELP!

20. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

i have been known to look up stuff about my Apple products, while being on them. Nothing wrong with that. We are dedicated users. I love my apple products!

21. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

$90 a month plus government fees and such.

I text way too much on my iPhone, so I needed unlimited. Maybe when Apple gets PUSH, I'll use AIM more.

22. spikedfo macrumors regular

sometimes i have the same feeling like u :(

23. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Im in the same boat. I spend most of my time on the net while on my iMac on MacRumors :p

Most of the time when I use my iPhone to check the net, it's to check MR :p

24. ClayMac macrumors member

Got the same problem...My eyes get tired maybe it's eye strain. I will sometimes browsing on the Iphone while sitting right in front of the MacBook LOL or be on the Macbook and reach to the iphone to look something up.

I hear ya about wanting to get your money's worth. I think about that dollar or so a day data plan and my hand itches into my pocket and before I know it a half hour has gone by staring at that little screen and I think to myself "I am I doing it Again!!" That sounds akin to another malady I may or may not claim to have, lol.

<insert Serenity Prayer here>

25. bananabar macrumors regular

Did you really roll around on the floor laughing your arse off? I mean, really?