Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tenacious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Mine shipped on Aug 28th but has not arrived. Has anyone else in Toronto received it?

tenacious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2009
I haven't either. Hoping it arrives today. I am not happy.

I'm not happy either. It says Purolator/Canada Post...I'm soooo hoping they drop it in my mailbox instead having to wait for me to sign for it.

marcovortex

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm in the same boat! Was shipped on Aug 28th and nothing yet. I broke down and bought a copy for 29(cibc employee discount price) and will have that one as a back up once it finally arrives.. I just couldn't wait any longer. Shame on apple for making canadians wait so long for their copies when they had them in canadian apple stores ready to go on the 28th.

EggWhite

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
User Name

I'm in Vaughan and I got my Family Pack first thing Friday morning. Puro dropped it off some time around 9:30.

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
Was it cheaper to order it online? Or was it just a convenience thing to not go to an Apple Store (for those living in TO)?

Chris.Thomson

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Was it cheaper to order it online? Or was it just a convenience thing to not go to an Apple Store (for those living in TO)?

Some people, including myself, ordered through the UTD program. Terrible decision, really. I placed my order in June, it shipped on Friday, and I still haven't received it. My shipment notification email said "Delivers by: 03 Sep, 2009." :(

zw-gator

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2005
Canada
This is getting extremely annoying. Mail came and no SL in sight. It's now 3:35 local time, so i doubt the mailman will be back today if I had to sign for something.

You pay $35, you get the retail product and overnight shipping. You pay $15 for something that should have been free and you get a upgrade only disc that's shipped via ground mail and takes 5x as long to arrive.

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
This is getting extremely annoying. Mail came and no SL in sight. It's now 3:35 local time, so i doubt the mailman will be back today if I had to sign for something.

?

Where in Canada are you?

EDIT - nevermind. I didn't realize NFLD was that far ahead. I thought it was just 30 mins. You've been lying to me CBC radio 2!

zw-gator

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2005
Canada
?

Where in Canada are you?

EDIT - nevermind. I didn't realize NFLD was that far ahead. I thought it was just 30 mins. You've been lying to me CBC radio 2!

Yea we're an hour and a half ahead of you guys in Toronto...maybe your thinking about Labrador, their a half an hour behind us :)

markojug, did you have to sign for it?
That's my biggest thing. The weather is nice so I'm not home in the afternoon and it's hard to convince someone to say home just so they can sign for a "stupid computer program" haha ;)

ThundrChicken

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2009
I'm from Toronto, but went to Pittsburg for a short 4 day trip and bought my SL copy at Apple store Shadyside there.

abz786

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2007
Alberta, Canada
i am in alberta.
i went and bought mine from the Apple Store on launch day, i called the Apple Store number and compalined and said "i don't care what that message said, i was told today i would have it and still nothing" so he processed a UPS packaging slip for me and its on its way back to Markham Ontario for me to get a refund. So in other words i just put $36 on my credit card for 1-2 weeks, and i will get it refunded shortly
:)

3alawipod

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada

You pay $35, you get the retail product and overnight shipping. You pay $15 for something that should have been free and you get a upgrade only disc that's shipped via ground mail and takes 5x as long to arrive.

why did i have the misconception that even the $35 is an upgrade disc, you need to have 10.5 before you install 10.6 from this disc. If you are a tiger user, you had to go for the full $160 something version. Correct me if i am wrong!

Chris.Thomson

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
why did i have the misconception that even the $35 is an upgrade disc, you need to have 10.5 before you install 10.6 from this disc. If you are a tiger user, you had to go for the full $160 something version. Correct me if i am wrong!

You can use the $35 disc to install SL over Tiger. Several sources have confirmed this. Doing so violates the OS X EULA, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.