Who in Toronto Canada has received Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tenacious, Sep 3, 2009.

1. tenacious macrumors newbie

Mine shipped on Aug 28th but has not arrived. Has anyone else in Toronto received it?

2. hitek0007 macrumors newbie

I haven't either. Hoping it arrives today. I am not happy.

3. tenacious thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not happy either. It says Purolator/Canada Post...I'm soooo hoping they drop it in my mailbox instead having to wait for me to sign for it.

4. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

I'm in the same boat! Was shipped on Aug 28th and nothing yet. I broke down and bought a copy for 29(cibc employee discount price) and will have that one as a back up once it finally arrives.. I just couldn't wait any longer. Shame on apple for making canadians wait so long for their copies when they had them in canadian apple stores ready to go on the 28th.

5. EggWhite macrumors member

User Name

I'm in Vaughan and I got my Family Pack first thing Friday morning. Puro dropped it off some time around 9:30.

6. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Was it cheaper to order it online? Or was it just a convenience thing to not go to an Apple Store (for those living in TO)?

7. Chris.Thomson macrumors member

Some people, including myself, ordered through the UTD program. Terrible decision, really. I placed my order in June, it shipped on Friday, and I still haven't received it. My shipment notification email said "Delivers by: 03 Sep, 2009." :(

8. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

This is getting extremely annoying. Mail came and no SL in sight. It's now 3:35 local time, so i doubt the mailman will be back today if I had to sign for something.

You pay $35, you get the retail product and overnight shipping. You pay $15 for something that should have been free and you get a upgrade only disc that's shipped via ground mail and takes 5x as long to arrive.

9. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

?

Where in Canada are you?

EDIT - nevermind. I didn't realize NFLD was that far ahead. I thought it was just 30 mins. You've been lying to me CBC radio 2!

10. markojug macrumors regular

Well mine has shipped, but has not arrived. The shipment email said it should deliver by Tomorrow (Friday, Sep.4/09).

Well I still have tomorrow until I get really mad.

11. hitek0007 macrumors newbie

12. markojug macrumors regular

Okay, so excited.

SL just came via Purolator! Yay:D

it arrived at my house at 2:33pm. So happy.

13. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Yea we're an hour and a half ahead of you guys in Toronto...maybe your thinking about Labrador, their a half an hour behind us :)

markojug, did you have to sign for it?
    That's my biggest thing. The weather is nice so I'm not home in the afternoon and it's hard to convince someone to say home just so they can sign for a "stupid computer program" haha ;)

14. hitek0007 macrumors newbie

Did u have a tracking number? Did it say shipped by purolator?

15. markojug macrumors regular

Yea, I had a tracking number and it said that it shipped via Purolator.

16. hitek0007 macrumors newbie

omg i had no tracking number and said shipped by "canadian post/purolator" = no SL today. geez.

17. ThundrChicken macrumors newbie

I'm from Toronto, but went to Pittsburg for a short 4 day trip and bought my SL copy at Apple store Shadyside there.

18. abz786 macrumors 6502

i am in alberta.
    i went and bought mine from the Apple Store on launch day, i called the Apple Store number and compalined and said "i don't care what that message said, i was told today i would have it and still nothing" so he processed a UPS packaging slip for me and its on its way back to Markham Ontario for me to get a refund. So in other words i just put $36 on my credit card for 1-2 weeks, and i will get it refunded shortly
    :)

19. 3alawipod macrumors newbie

why did i have the misconception that even the $35 is an upgrade disc, you need to have 10.5 before you install 10.6 from this disc. If you are a tiger user, you had to go for the full $160 something version. Correct me if i am wrong!

20. Chris.Thomson macrumors member

You can use the $35 disc to install SL over Tiger. Several sources have confirmed this. Doing so violates the OS X EULA, though.

21. tenacious thread starter macrumors newbie

22. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Harsh. I'd consider giving Apple's 1-800 number a call.