iPad Who is buying an Air 2 this BF?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JerTheGeek, Nov 12, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I know the attention is mainly focused on the iPad Pro this week, but coming up about two weeks from now is Black Friday and there are a ton of great deals on the iPad Air 2. I'll be upgrading to a new iPad from my Air 1, and am wondering who else is planning on picking up an Air 2 this BF? Or are you waiting for the Air 3? I personally don't see a whole lot of possible upgrades that would be worth it for me in the air 3, so I'm going with the air 2.

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Waiting for the Air3. My Air is sufficient for now, though the battery life isn't what I once was. (Got it on Black Friday two years ago.)
    Not interested in the Pro.

3. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I'm not interested in the Pro either, I have a MacBook Air for that.

4. gribas macrumors newbie

Probably I will buy one 64/128gb on BF if I find a good deal in Ireland my first ipad

5. xlost6 macrumors 6502

I have a Mini 2 (first iPad) and I'm seriously contemplating getting the iPad Air 2. I use my Mini a lot and would like the Air.

But I know the iPad Air 3 is right around the corner or rumored for lack of better word.

Decisions, decisions.

6. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Sounds good! I'm sure you'll love it!

7. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Well, to me, the rumored features on the air 3 don't bring a whole lot to the table for my personal use case. The screen is already fantastic, don't see what a higher res would do for me, and the air 2 will already be extremely fast. Pencil/Keyboard support (which I doubt anyway) don't interest me either. 3D Touch would be interesting though. Also, if it isn't till next October, for me that's too long to wait. Maybe if it is to be released in March that changes things a bit, but there is no way to know and I'd rather just get a great deal on an Air 2 now than wait till march. And honestly, I think the Air 3 will be released next October. The spring event this year I would expect to be Watch and Mac only, makes sense to do iPads and iPhones at the same time in the fall. But we'll see.
    Ultimately, I use my iPad a lot, since I use my textbooks for school on it, as well as web browsing, YouTube, etc. Because I use it so much, I want it to be the latest model and as fast as possible. That's the main reason why I'm upgrading. I'm most excited for split view, that will be excellent!