Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
As the title said, just curious, I wouldn't.

If the watch is something I end up wanting (no idea yet until I've seen what its feature set is), then 1 day of battery is more than enough. As others have said, as long as it can last the majority of the day without charging, that's all that's necessary.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Without knowing the charging method for sure, and if it changes my "willingness to charge" every night for yet one more device (laptop, phone, iPad) I would say It should go at least 2 days.

I guess.

Charging every night, for what it does and where you have to wear it, its not a necessity to me anyway.

If I were at work every day, I would see myself using it potentially and I guess with heavy use 1 day charge would be ok.

I guess the less I care to use it, the longer the battery might be so I can just have it laying around like how a handy bluetooth headphone is around, and have iWatch ready to go once in a while for a short trip to the circle K or something.

Last edited:

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
I'll buy it, just to see what it's like.
I've never been disappointed buying an Apple product, .... except ...

The MIGHTY MOUSE ;)
Who remembers that???
The "scroll ball" broke after like three days.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I'll buy it, just to see what it's like.
I've never been disappointed buying an Apple product, .... except ...

The MIGHTY MOUSE ;)
Who remembers that???
The "scroll ball" broke after like three days.

They finally go it right with the magic mouse. And the puck? Good Lord what a terrible design. The MM is pretty dang awesome, though.

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
I may buy one to hang on to it in the package for 5 years and re-sell it. Hopefully it doesn't become a worthless piece of junk by then.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I'll buy it if it has the same clock functions as the Motorola android watch while charging at night.
And i want dat wireless charging!
I JUST WANT THE MOTOROLA WATCH WITH IOS :)

Offtopic: Is there already a link for the livestream?

peteknopp

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Iwatch V Decent watch

Have owned a top brand watch for 14 years and altho I love gadgets and Apple products I couldn't find it in me to to ditch my decent watch!

X-Ravin

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
If it has 24 hours of battery life, the only issue I could see is if it does indeed do sleep tracking. That would be a bit of a problem since you wouldn't be charging overnight. Unless they got 1m wireless charging.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
If only we had invented something that took rays from the sun and converted it to electricity AND combined that with something that converted motion to electricity maybe then we could get a watch with a significantly longer battery life.

We need some alien/domestic seeds to squeeze for power.

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2013
If the end result is that I have to take it off my wrist every single night to charge it, I will be waiting for a 2nd generation device that resolves this issue.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
If the end result is that I have to take it off my wrist every single night to charge it, I will be waiting for a 2nd generation device that resolves this issue.

You should take every clock off your wrist each night...for health and cleanness reasons.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I JUST WANT THE MOTOROLA WATCH WITH IOS :)

Pretty much this! I will not pre-order but if it looks nice and works well I would buy one later down the road.

Look at this and tell me you do not want the iwatch to look identical?!?!?!

Moto-360.jpg

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Who is buying an iWatch with 1 day of battery life?

If it's just a phone extension and a fitbit combined, I will never buy one.

1. I can take the phone out of my pocket. It's not an inconvenience.

2. I don't need a health machine. I have self control.

Now, if it's something that we've never thought of before like the original iPhone. Then that's another story.

Infernos

macrumors member
It would probably spend most of the time sitting on the charger for me. I rarely wear a watch. My phone has pretty much replaced that. The few times I do go to put my watch on the battery has died. I could see myself using this for the health monitoring. I dig the interface, though seeing it isn't the same as using it.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I'll be buying it day 1. Would never wear a watch at night, so for me the battery life is a moot point.

Lack of GPS on the other hand is a bit of a pain, but I'm really curious and excited about the variety of other features.

Looking forward to learning more about it though.

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I don't understand this, why would you want a mini-computer on your wrist that takes an iPhone in the vicinity to make it work?

It completely defeats the purpose of this small wearable to have on fitness runs/etc.

Essentially they should just elect people to be charged an extra $350 when they purchase an iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.