Who is buying the 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quagmire, Sep 10, 2010.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I just noticed on the Apple Store that shipping times for the 3GS has slipped to 1-2 weeks. What is going on? Are people buying up the 3GS over the whole antenna issue? Is Apple sacrificing 3GS production for the iPhone 4 so supplies are low for the 3GS?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Some people don't care about the iPhone 4. The 8GB 3Gs still is an excellent phone and people do want it.

I got an iPhone 4 on launch. A few weeks later. I sold my original 3GS on one of my lines and took the money and bought a new 8GB 3GS and a new 32GB 3GS. The 8GB was shipping in 7 days back then in July so I ordered from AT&T instead and had it the very next day.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I can kill that data stream on any iPhone 4 without a bumper, and can degrade the performance of one with a bumper. Of course there are people who are avoiding the 4 due to its antenna issues, not to mention that 3GS is great and affordable.

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

5. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

If you mean people putting $100 or more down for an inferior older model iPhone, I think many around here would agree. I wouldn't have bought such a comment myself until I finally broke down and bought an iP4 last week, due to my 3gs being shattered beyond repair. It is indeed simply marvelous - like the slogan says - again.

Aside from stunning HD videos the thing that blows me away the most, especially after all the media bashing, is that I use this one as a legit workable phone, finally! In many many more areas (like inside my home) that my 3gs or previous 2 prior models for that matter would not connect.