Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I just noticed on the Apple Store that shipping times for the 3GS has slipped to 1-2 weeks. What is going on? Are people buying up the 3GS over the whole antenna issue? Is Apple sacrificing 3GS production for the iPhone 4 so supplies are low for the 3GS?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Some people don't care about the iPhone 4. The 8GB 3Gs still is an excellent phone and people do want it.

I got an iPhone 4 on launch. A few weeks later. I sold my original 3GS on one of my lines and took the money and bought a new 8GB 3GS and a new 32GB 3GS. The 8GB was shipping in 7 days back then in July so I ordered from AT&T instead and had it the very next day.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just noticed on the Apple Store that shipping times for the 3GS has slipped to 1-2 weeks. What is going on? Are people buying up the 3GS over the whole antenna issue? Is Apple sacrificing 3GS production for the iPhone 4 so supplies are low for the 3GS?

I can kill that data stream on any iPhone 4 without a bumper, and can degrade the performance of one with a bumper. Of course there are people who are avoiding the 4 due to its antenna issues, not to mention that 3GS is great and affordable.

itommyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Titletown USA
You guys are crazy

If you mean people putting $100 or more down for an inferior older model iPhone, I think many around here would agree. I wouldn't have bought such a comment myself until I finally broke down and bought an iP4 last week, due to my 3gs being shattered beyond repair. It is indeed simply marvelous - like the slogan says - again.

Aside from stunning HD videos the thing that blows me away the most, especially after all the media bashing, is that I use this one as a legit workable phone, finally! In many many more areas (like inside my home) that my 3gs or previous 2 prior models for that matter would not connect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.