Who is calling???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JoMiSan, Nov 26, 2007.

1. JoMiSan macrumors newbie

JoMiSan

I am now in Spain and I have all my contacts with international digits (+34 91 123456) and here is the problem; when people call my from within Spain (there is no +34) iPhone is just showing the calling number, but cannot identify it as one of my contacts.

Anyone knows if this bug is solved in 1.1.2?

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I have changed contacts to have both numbers. one with +44 and one with 0.

3. skeen macrumors 6502

What an awful, tedious solution. You're saying every single one of your contacts has 2 of the same number? Wow.

Mine works just fine.

4. JoMiSan thread starter macrumors newbie

JoMiSan

Works fine with +44 numbers???.

5. rayward macrumors 65816

I'm guessing you're roaming the whole time when in Spain, as there's no domestic service there yet. Not sure if this makes a difference to how the iPhone behaves.

You might want to try putting all your local numbers in as local numbers (or at least experiment with a couple of them) and see if they caller id feature works. The iPhone has an international calling assist feature that will automatically add the necessary international prefix when dialing local numbers from foreign locales (it's under Settings/Phone). This works perfectly for me and might fix your caller id problem.

6. JoMiSan thread starter macrumors newbie

JoMiSan

Where is that? I can not find that assist feature on 1.1.1.

7. rayward macrumors 65816

It's right there at the top of the page under the phone settings. It's an On/Off button labeled "International Assist". It was there from the very beginning on my U.S. phone. Maybe it's not available for European phones.

8. JoMiSan thread starter macrumors newbie

JoMiSan

Right, not in European ones.

9. rayward macrumors 65816

Weird.

10. JoMiSan thread starter macrumors newbie

JoMiSan

I think they should change the way to match phone numbers. It is working ok in Nokia, Motorola, Sony... All the others, just check the numbers (without the country code), and that's all!!. I do not know why Apple check also the country code.