Who is crazy enough to order 2?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PDFierro, Apr 10, 2015.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Could be an option for those like myself that want the 1.3GHz but don't want to wait. If you're in the US, order the base model and you'll get it April 20th-22nd. Then return it before the 14 days. Of course...if you have the money to do this.

I have the money to do that, but I don't need it by the 22nd that bad.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I certainly have to money, equally I just consider it wasteful, bit like the actions of a spoiled child...

Q-6

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That doesn't seem right, just buying it so you can be the first on the block to have a new toy, but then return it, when the actual configuration that need comes through.

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

That's a terrible idea. It's also a waste of money.

5. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Pretty much.

6. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

I don't see it as s waste of money he gets his money back as soon as he returns it lol a waste of stock yes

7. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I thought about it for a second and then realized how much of a ******* I would be to buy and use something I know I will be returning. Its not ethical, imo. I have waited this long, I can wait longer.

8. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Not exactly what you were looking for, but:

I bought two, but only because my address on the first was wrong (recently moved and it slipped my mind, would have thought the incorrect billing would have stopped it in its tracks). Ordered the second with the correct address right after.

Then when I went to cancel the first order, the order status page was down. Went to sleep and woke up at 7AM ET only to find out the order is prepping for shipment and I can't cancel. Apple support is working with the carrier to fix the address, but if they can't, they'll have it held at the local depot for me to pick up. I plan on returning it still sealed though, hopefully it won't force them to sell it as a refurb especially since it was my mistake.

9. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

10. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

11. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

I am, as I clearly stated in my original post. Besides, base models are now showing shipping times of 3-4 weeks in the US.

12. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I ordered two, but not for the intent mentioned in the original post. We're "upgrading" my wife from a MacBook Air, selling her MBA. My job is paying for my new machine. So yup. Ordered two. Gold for the wife. Space gray for me.

13. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I have two ordered. Space grey and gold. Want to play around and have the flexibility to change color when needed.