Who is getting the Mac Super Bundle Winter 2012?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by waloshin, Jan 25, 2012.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

The only thing that looks worth while in there is Parallels 7 and iStat Menus 3.

2. ELMI0001 macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

Here's a link to the bundle; http://www.macsuperbundle.com/

List of Apps:
    LittleSnapper
    Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac
    iStat Menus 3
    Flux 3
    iStopmotion Home 2
    Fantashow
    Video Converter 2
    SyncMate Expert 3
    CuteClips 3

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I have iStats and Parallels 6 already....debating if it's worth it for Parallels 7 and Flux...the rest seem like (mostly) useless fillers.

4. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

anyone used syncmate?

I'm after an easy to use, simple interface for syncing between my iMac and a NAS. basically I want to keep a backup of my iTunes and iPhoto on my NAS. they are already on my iMac and on an external HDD via TM.

just thinking may get this ad also had parallels in bundle to. at the moment I use the free VM machine suggests for XP.

cheers

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Tempting to pick up just for parallels alone, but then, I still need to buy Windows 7...:(

Still seems like too much trouble just to run a few windows-platform games...

6. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

Very tempting indeed. I was not going to buy any of those, but I could easily use 3 or 4 of them (not even including parallels). Might have to jump on this one. Thanks for the link!

7. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

I bought it just for Parallels. I've been looking at getting Parallels 7 and considering the whole bundle was less than the cost of just Parallels, it was a pretty easy sell.

I'll have to look into the other programs that came with it.

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...i'd been considering upgrading my Parallels so with the other useful apps included it seemed like the time to buy, so I'm in....oh yeah!

9. JeffDM, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

JeffDM macrumors 6502a

I bought the bundle earlier today, but the license number for Parallels is some odd characters that Windows, Mac and iOS can't renders into something I can enter on a keyboard, most of them render as a question mark in a diamond. I emailed them for a correction on that, hopefully they can respond soon.

Update: they sent proper codes by email several hours ago. I haven't tried it yet though.

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Nothing there I don't already have, or need...Syncmate might be worth a look, but not the rest.

11. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I got iStat Menus with another bundle recently. I need to run Windows on my Mac like I need a hole in my head so Parallels is not that tempting, especially if it might require me to send money to ... wait for it ... Microsoft ?!? :eek: (sound from the shower scene in Psycho is heard as you read the last part of the previous sentence.)

Actually I'm using Virtualbox because it lets me create filesystems for my VMs as files on OS X and not waste valuable disk space on VMs, especially Windows VMs.

Syncmate? I have iCloud.
    Flux? I have (and hardly use) Dreamweaver.
    LittleSnapper? I have command+shift+4.
    Video Converter? I have handbrake and makemkv.
    So unless I hit a major stumbling block with Virtualbox, I don't think I'll be interested in this winter's bundle.

12. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Please help- Parallels 7 will not install

I bought this bundle yesterday after seeing it discussed on 9to5mac.com solely for good price on Parallels 7. I've downloaded Parallels twice but cannot open downloaded file to install. It gives me this warning every time I try to open:

The following disk images couldn't be opened:

ParallelsDesktop-7-.1( not recognized

Am I doing something wrong or is this a scam? :eek:

I tried getting help on Macsuperbundle website but no one is available on weekend. I am considering contacting MasterCard and reversing the charges.

Any suggestions or advice?

13. JeffDM macrumors 6502a

My download seems to work just fine. I'd email their support and see what they say on Monday.

14. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Just downloaded a third time, looked at all three downloads in Keeper, and the third file was a larger file and would open for me so everything installed and registered just fine. Must have had a couple of incomplete downloads yesterday.