Who is getting the Mac Super Bundle Winter 2012?

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
The only thing that looks worth while in there is Parallels 7 and iStat Menus 3.

MrMister111

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
UK
anyone used syncmate?

I'm after an easy to use, simple interface for syncing between my iMac and a NAS. basically I want to keep a backup of my iTunes and iPhoto on my NAS. they are already on my iMac and on an external HDD via TM.

just thinking may get this ad also had parallels in bundle to. at the moment I use the free VM machine suggests for XP.

cheers

Comment

Abazigal

macrumors G5
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Tempting to pick up just for parallels alone, but then, I still need to buy Windows 7...:(

Still seems like too much trouble just to run a few windows-platform games...

Comment

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa
Very tempting indeed. I was not going to buy any of those, but I could easily use 3 or 4 of them (not even including parallels). Might have to jump on this one. Thanks for the link!

Comment

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
I bought it just for Parallels. I've been looking at getting Parallels 7 and considering the whole bundle was less than the cost of just Parallels, it was a pretty easy sell.

I'll have to look into the other programs that came with it.

Comment

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...i'd been considering upgrading my Parallels so with the other useful apps included it seemed like the time to buy, so I'm in....oh yeah!

Comment

JeffDM

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
I bought the bundle earlier today, but the license number for Parallels is some odd characters that Windows, Mac and iOS can't renders into something I can enter on a keyboard, most of them render as a question mark in a diamond. I emailed them for a correction on that, hopefully they can respond soon.

Update: they sent proper codes by email several hours ago. I haven't tried it yet though.

Last edited:
Comment

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I got iStat Menus with another bundle recently. I need to run Windows on my Mac like I need a hole in my head so Parallels is not that tempting, especially if it might require me to send money to ... wait for it ... Microsoft ?!? :eek: (sound from the shower scene in Psycho is heard as you read the last part of the previous sentence.)

Actually I'm using Virtualbox because it lets me create filesystems for my VMs as files on OS X and not waste valuable disk space on VMs, especially Windows VMs.

Syncmate? I have iCloud.
Flux? I have (and hardly use) Dreamweaver.
LittleSnapper? I have command+shift+4.
Video Converter? I have handbrake and makemkv.
So unless I hit a major stumbling block with Virtualbox, I don't think I'll be interested in this winter's bundle.

Comment

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Please help- Parallels 7 will not install

I bought this bundle yesterday after seeing it discussed on 9to5mac.com solely for good price on Parallels 7. I've downloaded Parallels twice but cannot open downloaded file to install. It gives me this warning every time I try to open:

The following disk images couldn't be opened:

ParallelsDesktop-7-.1( not recognized

Am I doing something wrong or is this a scam? :eek:

I tried getting help on Macsuperbundle website but no one is available on weekend. I am considering contacting MasterCard and reversing the charges.

Any suggestions or advice?

Comment

JeffDM

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
I bought this bundle yesterday after seeing it discussed on 9to5mac.com solely for good price on Parallels 7. I've downloaded Parallels twice but cannot open downloaded file to install. It gives me this warning every time I try to open:

The following disk images couldn't be opened:

ParallelsDesktop-7-.1( not recognized

Am I doing something wrong or is this a scam? :eek:

I tried getting help on Macsuperbundle website but no one is available on weekend. I am considering contacting MasterCard and reversing the charges.

Any suggestions or advice?

My download seems to work just fine. I'd email their support and see what they say on Monday.

Comment

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Just downloaded a third time, looked at all three downloads in Keeper, and the third file was a larger file and would open for me so everything installed and registered just fine. Must have had a couple of incomplete downloads yesterday.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.