Who is holding out for the iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by black743, Mar 12, 2011.

1. black743 macrumors 6502

So I looked at an iPad 2 at Best Buy today (who had tons in stock by the way) and, while I like the design and the covers, I don't feel its enough to warrant my giving up my first iPad to spend money on the new one. My hope is that the iPad 3 will come with more storage, like 128gb to make it more of a worthy upgrade option.

Is anyone out there with a first gen waiting for the next one (I guess next year) before upgrading?

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I live in UK; we're still waiting for iPad 2 to touch down. I'm still undecided, I think I'll have to actually play with one before i can decide. But I am a bit of a sucker when it come to new Apple products.

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

If I knew for a FACT that the iPad 3 was going to be coming out this fall, as previously rumored, then I would THINK about bypassing the iPad 2.

But given that we don't know when the iPad 3 is coming out (it could be next year) and that I can easily sell my original iPad and recoup a good chunk of my cost to upgrade to the iPad 2, it simply didn't make any sense to me to wait.

4. black743 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know what you're saying. I think I could wait another year, and it may give me an excuse to get a macbook air. I think the big thing that will push me into buying is increased storage capacity.

5. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

lol, you holding out too much.

Go and buy a xoom or if you are cheap, the $399 samsung tablet.

good grief...