Who is impressed by the HTC HD2? I know I am

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Vandam500, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

With a 4.3 inch capacitive multitouch touch screen, 1GHZ processor, awesome 5MP camera with flash,autofocus,etc... I am impressed. The only downside to it is Windows Mobile but it is mostly covered with HTC's Sense.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

corect me if im wrong but isnt the 1ghz processor downclocked to 700ish mhz?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Looks pretty nice to me as well. I have also heard the the processor has been underclocked.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So is this a different product than Android Eris, or is it just the same device running WM?

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is a different device altogether. I like the Eris as well.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The Eris sounds interesting as soon as it gets Android 2.0... We'll have to see... so far it's hard to see liking this stuff over the iPhone but Google has some interesting ideas.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While I haven't seen the Eris in person yet, I just saw the Sprint Hero. The Hero uses HTC's Sense UI just like the Eris. I really liked it. It seems very nice. It would be a worthy replacement to my iPhone.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Do you use the app store? It seems like to me, it's come to the point where that's pretty much the calculus for whether I could use something else besides an iPhone, and it's just not there... as I sit and torment between giving in to AT&T to get a 3G S or whether I can continue on T-Mo where I'm happier.

9. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Yeah the AppStore is pretty much the most deciding factor in my opinion. I love my 3GS and the AppStore, it's also so much better since I have it jailbroken but the hardware feels really outdated. This HD2 has a really awesome screen, nice camera with flash and Sense looks amazing!

I am tempted by the HD2 but not by the $900 price it comes with.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have bought some apps. However, I haven't gone hog wild and downloaded a ton of apps. What I would recommend is determine what apps from iTMS are critical to you and see if there is a replacement or equivalent one for the Android OS.

Yeah, no way would I pay that much for a cell phone.

11. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

12. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Yep! And it's capacitive so it's just as sensitive as the iPhones!

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There isn't much in the way of critical stuff -- nor have I gone hog wild. It's more that there is a critical mass of pretty high quality game developers now on the iPhone, and it looks like they're staying parked for now. That means the iPhone is getting a pretty good to excellent game at this point at least every second week, if not more often.

I like my non-game apps but I could probably live without them more easily.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Just so you know, just because something is capacitive doesn't mean its tracking is just as good, things don't work that way.

That said, I'm sure its just as good if not better than the iphones current screen.

15. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

I think 4.3-inch screen is great. Only if it had Android 2.0 then I'd consider it as a possible iPhone replacement.

16. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

It's a beast of a smartphone. But again, I bought all 3 iterations of the iPhone because man, no device can beat it till now and apps make it like a portable Mac computer. The HD 2 design is not as nice as the iPhone IMO and the fact that it runs WM cheeses me off. But I'll really like to see that running an iPhone OS. Man would I droll.. :p