Who is keeping the plus and a 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrskullfreak, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

I have a 6 now and a plus coming tomorrow I paid full price I sure would like to keep both anyone else have both phones and switch.
    I ordered the plus to see what I liked better so far I like the reg 6

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Why have two phones? Unless one is for your significant other or family member or something.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I was going to get the Plus along with my 6 but changed my mind as the 6 is perfect for me.

4. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I want to do that but was vetoed by my budget.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Sounds a nightmare to own two phones, but I suppose with Continuity Apple at least make it possible... :p

7. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I wouldn't use both phones at the same time, but I would swap sim cards back and forth depends on whether I felt like a small phone or a large phone that day.

I switch purses for various occasions. Why not phones? :D Just too bad I can't afford both.

8. mrskullfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Yes just switch to change it up a bit.
    Have the phone set up the same.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The sad thing is that some purses are more expensive than even the most expensive iPhone 6/6 Plus. I think the iPhone 6 Plus tops out just shy of $1000? Purses? Handbags? Easily multiple thousands.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

One would end up being used lots more than the other IMHO. Therefore not worth it.

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

If switching the Sim were easier, maybe. If you could just login to iCloud and activate the other sim card in the other phone. And you know, if the 2nd phone wasn't 1K off contract.

12. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

You can't hot swap SIM card activations like that! :eek:

13. patrikr macrumors member

I remember about 15 years ago when I lived in Sweden you could get a twin-SIM from your provider. You could do outgoing calls from both phones but incoming would only go to your primary. You switched the primary phone by entering calling a #*-number combination on the phone you wanted to switch primary to. Wish we could still do that today...

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Those are also luxury items that demand a price based solely on the fact that some fancy designer made them. You are paying almost completely for the logo. Exclusivity as well. Multi-thousand dollar handbags ensure that you are one of very few people out there with one.

I guess one could maybe argue that an iPhone is a luxury item, but it isn't what it used to be (and that's not a bad thing). It is much more the "norm" than a $3000 bag, for example.

15. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yup. I mean there are some brands that actually give you $X worth, like it's handmade, better quality control, better material (finer grade of leather or whatever) and so forth. I know this is true for suits and the wool used and how the jacket is put together and all that. But many brands just slap a logo, double the price and say it was designed by person Y and it sells.

16. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Right... Which is why I said if switching the sim were easier, I'd maybe consider having two phones. It was a suggestion, not an actuality.

17. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

There was a bit of joke/humor to my post hence the eek! smiley. I wish we could swap SIM cards like that too. Same boat.

18. kevroc macrumors 6502

I've been switching back and forth the last few days, can't decide which one I like better. They both have their strengths...

With the 6, you never even really think about it, it just works.

With the 6 Plus, you are always dealing with the size, not necessarily bad, just always dealing with it. What pocket to put it in, what case, don't let it bend, etc. etc.

19. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Gotcha.

And I think you've answered your own question here. :p

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wouldn't a 6 and iPad mini or iPad be a better combo?

Or just the 6+ as one phone/iPad replacement device.