Who is keeping the plus and a 6

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
I have a 6 now and a plus coming tomorrow I paid full price I sure would like to keep both anyone else have both phones and switch.
I ordered the plus to see what I liked better so far I like the reg 6

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I wouldn't use both phones at the same time, but I would swap sim cards back and forth depends on whether I felt like a small phone or a large phone that day.

I switch purses for various occasions. Why not phones? :D Just too bad I can't afford both.

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
I wouldn't use both phones at the same time, but I would swap sim cards back and forth depends on whether I felt like a small phone or a large phone that day.

I switch purses for various occasions. Why not phones? :D Just too bad I can't afford both.
Yes just switch to change it up a bit.
Have the phone set up the same.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley

The sad thing is that some purses are more expensive than even the most expensive iPhone 6/6 Plus. I think the iPhone 6 Plus tops out just shy of $1000? Purses? Handbags? Easily multiple thousands.

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
If switching the Sim were easier, maybe. If you could just login to iCloud and activate the other sim card in the other phone. And you know, if the 2nd phone wasn't 1K off contract.

patrikr

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
You can't hot swap SIM card activations like that! :eek:
I remember about 15 years ago when I lived in Sweden you could get a twin-SIM from your provider. You could do outgoing calls from both phones but incoming would only go to your primary. You switched the primary phone by entering calling a #*-number combination on the phone you wanted to switch primary to. Wish we could still do that today...

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The sad thing is that some purses are more expensive than even the most expensive iPhone 6/6 Plus. I think the iPhone 6 Plus tops out just shy of $1000? Purses? Handbags? Easily multiple thousands.
Those are also luxury items that demand a price based solely on the fact that some fancy designer made them. You are paying almost completely for the logo. Exclusivity as well. Multi-thousand dollar handbags ensure that you are one of very few people out there with one.

I guess one could maybe argue that an iPhone is a luxury item, but it isn't what it used to be (and that's not a bad thing). It is much more the "norm" than a $3000 bag, for example.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Those are also luxury items that demand a price based solely on the fact that some fancy designer made them. You are paying almost completely for the logo. Exclusivity as well. Multi-thousand dollar handbags ensure that you are one of very few people out there with one.

I guess one could maybe argue that an iPhone is a luxury item, but it isn't what it used to be (and that's not a bad thing). It is much more the "norm" than a $3000 bag, for example.
Yup. I mean there are some brands that actually give you $X worth, like it's handmade, better quality control, better material (finer grade of leather or whatever) and so forth. I know this is true for suits and the wool used and how the jacket is put together and all that. But many brands just slap a logo, double the price and say it was designed by person Y and it sells.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I have a 6 now and a plus coming tomorrow I paid full price I sure would like to keep both anyone else have both phones and switch.
I ordered the plus to see what I liked better so far I like the reg 6
I've been switching back and forth the last few days, can't decide which one I like better. They both have their strengths...

With the 6, you never even really think about it, it just works.

With the 6 Plus, you are always dealing with the size, not necessarily bad, just always dealing with it. What pocket to put it in, what case, don't let it bend, etc. etc.

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
There was a bit of joke/humor to my post hence the eek! smiley. I wish we could swap SIM cards like that too. Same boat.
Gotcha.

With the 6 Plus, you are always dealing with the size, not necessarily bad, just always dealing with it. What pocket to put it in, what case, don't let it bend, etc. etc.
And I think you've answered your own question here. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.