Who is leaving WP if their device doesn't get 10?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Michael Goff, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Just wondering if anyone else is on the same boat as me. I'm hoping to be on 10 before the end of next year, to be more precise.

Also, I think if I don't get it ... nobody will. ^_~

And, finally, I'm hoping 10 is amazing. I can set up my Microsoft services on any phone these days, and they're likely to get updated faster on iOS or Android.

Anyone else making 10 the do or die moment for WP?

2. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

3. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Nope. I'd have gone there, but they only had the Icon.

4. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Well if you have a new-ish WP, say 920 or newer, then the chances are extremely good you're going to get X.

5. bandrews macrumors 6502a

MS said any phone running WP8 will be upgradable to W10 although I'm guessing there will be hardware limitations preventing adoption of all new features.

I still occasionally use my 630 (still hasn't got Cortana in the UK yet) and have a Surface Pro 3 and really hope they iron out all the inconsistencies and anomalies of 8.1 like having to go to different settings options to set lock screen and desktop wallpapers. WTF is that about? There's so much potential it just seems like there are about twenty different teams working on Windows and they don't speak to each other.