WHo is ready for cod4?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by adrake86, Oct 13, 2007.

1. adrake86 macrumors regular

Cod 4 comes out less than a month and I am pumped. Halo 3 is fun and all but I think cod 4 is gonna get game of the year! :D

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I wont get it, at least not for a while...Halo 3 is just too good...

The only game I can see myself getting in the near future is PES2008...

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Have you downloaded the demo? It really is awesome.

4. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

I played the 360 multiplayer beta, and damn was the multiplayer fun.

I really don't like the deathmatch style of halo 3, everyone jumping around and stuff. I'll defiantly be picking up cod4... im just not sure for which system. I have both ps3 and a 360. Guess I'll wait for reviews!

The PC demo is amazing - the graphics are alot better in the single player than they were in multiplayer. Not saying multiplayer was bad, it just seemed to be missing some of the lighting effects.

If anyone is curious, I get about 30fps at 1280x720 with most settings all set to the max except vsync on, soft shadow edges and antialiasing off, using my 20" iMac 2.4ghz (the new ones). Not amazing FPS, but its very playable, and looks gorgeous!

5. adrake86 thread starter macrumors regular

ya I think cod4 is really gonna kick some butt. They need to advertise like halo and get the hype up. cod is more my style. I just get owned on halo 3. :)

6. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

I got the beta of COD 4 and it was great game because it wasn't another WWII game, but nothing is better than Halo 3 on Xbox360

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Orange Box on PC is...

I dunno what to make of COD4. I don't normally like these kind of FPS games, but we'll see how it pans out. If I hear it's good I'll get the demo at least.

8. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

Listen up then because Im telling you its good :) Try out the PC demo! It's really well done :D

9. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'll be grabbing the Collectors Edition on the 360.

Odd thing though - no CE on the Ps3? I find that odd at least.
    CE on 360 + PC but not on Ps3..?

In any event, the multiplayer beta was great - I can't wait for single player campaign, should be awesome. :)

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Really to many great FPSs coming out...Halo 3, Orange Box and COD4?!

I'm hoping to get The Orange Box soon, and I'll get COD4 before the year is out

11. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

12. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I want it real bad. After the mess up with cod3 I want a good game like cod2 (cod2 is my favorite fps game). And im not really a halo fan but i got halo3 anyways and It is really fun, it just really different from codX games or my new time waster of Battlefield:Modern Combat.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

For those in the UK with the 360, this game WILL be region free so if you want to save a few pennies you better pre-order your copy now from somewhere like Play-asia

Your's for the price £24.50 / €35.50 - you know it makes sense ;)

--------

Yes the PS3 version will be region free too - only problem being Sony's stop on asian stores shipping to Europe. So a USA version of the PS3 will probably cost around £35 (still cheaper than the high street regardless).

14. caffeeneaddict macrumors regular

I agree w/ that one. But I also think COD4 will be better than halo 3 by far. namely since it's not a WWII shooter again.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm less excited about this game than I was two months ago....I got too many games on my hands right now...its coming out the same day as Silent Hill: Origins:eek:

When I do get it I'll get it for the PS3(360 died and went off to MS heaven where they grant you a new pile of *beep*)...multiplayer will be hot.

Bless

16. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

After playing the beta of Cod4, i can honestly say that it is better IMO than halo 3. THE BETA.

The halo series has been rather repetetive, multiplayer is fun, but gets old afte a while. COD4 is completely different from the other call of duties, which makes it so much better than halo which is so much similar between Halo, Halo 2, and 3.

I'm ready, I have it on pre-order and everything.