Who is responsible for this design?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by spoa94, Jul 2, 2015.

1. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

Like seriously who thought this would be a good design for Connect in iTunes? You have all this landscape to use and Apple insists on fitting the content into this small width of display. Seems like a waste

Attached Files:

2. Otelm macrumors newbie

Otelm

That's similar to some twitter clients. Multiple feeds from multiple artists will be shown side-to-side as they start adding content.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

4. spoa94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoa94

5. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Heads need to roll for this week. I'm not a fan of Apple Music and the changes to iTunes.

6. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

7. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

12" retina MacBook

8. FelicityW macrumors regular

Basically, it looks to me like Apple is chasing the millennial demographic and forsaking the old folk who have been using iTunes since the first iPod rolled off the assembly line. The kids buy more music so we were thrown under the bus for the sake of the profits (been thrown under it for less...). I would like a toggle back to the 'classic' version. The new UI is too busy and god forbid, using it on a 13" screen with a large font that old folks are fond of, I have so much stuff overlapping in the columns it is unusable. I just want my dropdown arrows and words. I don't need graphics. I learned to read English.

9. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Must be "optimized" for the smaller screens, mine looks too small on my screen, 13" Air. I actually decided to just turn Connect off on iTunes, I can't see ever having the want to use it.

iTunes --> Preferences --> Parental --> Check under "disable" Apple Music Connect.

Bam, Connect "tab" gone from iTunes.

Rejoice endlessly.

10. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Do you follow anybody else other than Eminem? It should be two columns.

11. paradox11 macrumors member

I think you mean the generation right after the millennials. I'm 25 (tail end of the generation) and many of us were buying music right as the iTunes Store came out. It was the hip thing to do, as you will.

3 or 4 years younger than I seems very different, although it's more than likely my own bias.

12. Planey28 macrumors 6502

The iTunes UI is exactly the same... the only things that are different are the new Apple Music tabs which you can happily ignore.

This seems to be more a case of 'old man yells at cloud'...

13. spoa94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoa94

It is two columns. This is an example of the comments on a post by Eminem. My normal Connect feed is two columns but still lots of wasted space