Who is switching back to their 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjmar, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

May 20, 2008
    I went for a stroll around town today with my iPhone 4, and used it as I normally would. The result was upsetting. In places that my 3GS shined, the iPhone 4 was unable to load a webpage. The overall speed of making phone calls and sending texts was noticeably slower on my iPhone 4. I don't care what the reason is behind this, all I want is my phone to work like it's supposed to! I love the screen and cameras on the 4, but it's just not worth the hassle. I'll wait a few days for Apple to respond, but if they don't I'm switching my 3GS back on and selling my 4 on ebay. Anybody considering the same thing? The 3GS was such a reliable phone for me.
  2. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Apr 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I am considering returning my i4 and going back to my White 3GS 32GB which worked perfectly with iOS4, but I want to see what happens with the i4 and I want to call Apple first to see what the say, but I would rather return it and keep my upgrade discount option then sell it on eBay. When they fix the phone I would buy it again.
  3. jvette macrumors 6502

Dec 29, 2007
    I like mine but I have to say i am a little disappointed. So far a bunch of hype and lot of possible problems. I wonder how this would compare to a 3gs that would have sold that many on the first day. I think it shows this phone was rushed out to compete with other phones on the market and testing couldn't have been done the way it should have. I have already seen numerous photos of phones that were dropped and the glass on the back shattered. Don't even think of finding a case yet.

If Apple keeps doing things like this other phones could start to catch up.
  4. cenetti macrumors 6502

Jan 30, 2008
    Wait a month or two.... get the white one with improved antenna reception/design ....That's what I am going to do while laughing at early adopters....

I've learned my lesson not the be the first to buy apple products in the past....

5. ml2k1 macrumors member

Jul 7, 2009
    I've learned that if there's ever a jailbreak... It's always better to be an early adopter
  6. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2009
  7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nov 7, 2007
    New Sanfrakota
    While I miss the curved back, I'm not going back to plastic especially now that the build quality feels as substantial as the original iPhone.