Who is the best to order from?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bfh123, Sep 26, 2014.

1. bfh123 macrumors regular

I've given up chasing the elusive unicorn (aka 6+ 64 gb) I've gone to stores, I've called other stores, I've used the seaturtle site (that still cracks me up), Idevicechecker, the applestore, etc. I'm going to order.

Am I better off ordering from Apple or AT&T? Is one of them delivering faster?

Thanks!

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

I always order from Apple because I don't like giving the carriers the sale. I ordered a 6 from Apple on 9/21 and it had an estimated ship date of October 9th but I'm getting it on the 1st. So in my opinion, Apple is better. AT&T gave me an estimate of 21 business days! Also, the carriers all have restocking fees.

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Apple is shipping individual orders direct from factories as fast as they can manufacture them. AT&T is dependent on shipments from Apple. For obvious reasons, you're likely to have better luck with Apple. I was scheduled for 10/1-10/6 delivery on a 6+ 64GB SG ATT and I received it on 9/24.

4. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I always go through Apple. Screw the carriers.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've almost always ordered directly from Apple. Once or twice I've found stock at a lock AT&T store and bought there, but it's not a regular thing.

6. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Not necessarily. Apple's contracts with the major carriers surely gives them a lot of priority over individual shipments. However, timing is hard to predict as it is complicated.

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

If carriers have priority, I'm not seeing evidence of it. Currently, online orders at Apple.com have been pretty constant at ships in 3-4 weeks. Meanwhile, AT&T shows shipping in 28-35 business days which translates to 5-7 weeks.

8. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

Apple.com. They seem to have the best availability.

9. bozzykid macrumors 68020

The priority is most likely given to the stores themselves so they have stock. As for online orders, who knows. AT&T could just be way over-estimating to get people to go to the stores.