Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Montevina or Nehalem

• I'm upgrading to Montevina ASAP

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I'm waiting for Nehalem!

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I just upgraded with the last update..

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • I'm waiting until after Nehalem

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
Waiting for Nehalem. Still using a 2.16 CD MBP so the jump will be a large one. Plus the fact I need that much time to save up for it.

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
Nehalem Macbook Pro. I've currently got a Vista gaming PC that it will be replacing. Come January I'll be upgrading my G4 to the Nehalem Mac Pro too whenever that rolls around.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Waiting for a new Montevina with new Nvida FIXED! GPU's then will grab on the Nehalem at 4th or 5th generation when the probs have been ironed out ;)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Since I just got this MBP a few months ago, I'll wait for Nehalem, since I doubt there will be a significant performance difference in Montevina.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i'm going to buy the next MB if there is a good case redesign that i like.

Waiting for Nehalem is kind of pointless because it's just a 25% performance jump. But at the time Nehalem is out there is the Quadcore jump on the horizon with a much higher performance jump. At the time Nehalem is out I would then just feel I have to wait for the quadcore. So I buy now and upgrade in 1-2 years again. The plan is to replace my two G4 machines with two intel machines this way.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I'm waiting for Nehalem. My PMG5 is getting a bit long in the tooth now and my RevA MB has had nothing but niggling problems.

By the time Nehalem comes around I should be able to afford it. :D

16 core MacPro. Oeuf!

Snowbound

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
I vote second or third gen montevina or 2nd gen nahalem. I'm not a fan of either first gen since they tend to have more problems (in my opinion).

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Going for whatever comes out in 3 years... getting a MBP as a graduation gift to myself before my student discounts wear off :p

Also just got an older gen MBP for a really nice price, so I am pretty happy.

mBurns

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2006
USA
I'm going to continue using my Core Duo MacBook Pro until it not longer does what I want it to do. :eek:

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Since I just got this MBP a few months ago, I'll wait for Nehalem, since I doubt there will be a significant performance difference in Montevina.

Early reports beggining to trickle out confirm your suspicions. Beside it's a paper launch and laptops won't be available for a month or two. Not exactly a stellar performance by Intel. This is what happens when Intel isn't feeling any heat from AMD, which announced a $1 billon loss today and the exit of that uber loser, Hector Ruiz, as ceo. What a clown. :mad:

Fabreze

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2008
montevina as long as the GPU is upgraded. If not, I might be forced to leave Apple for a while.

Glaxx

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2007
Illinois
I'll be getting Montevina when it comes out as long as it has a decent GPU. Otherwise I'll probably grab a refurbished Penryn base model after they go down in price from Montevina being out. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.