Who is upgrading?? (Montevina & Nehalem)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IconicIdentity, Jul 17, 2008.

?

Montevina or Nehalem

  1. I'm upgrading to Montevina ASAP

    28 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. I'm waiting for Nehalem!

    17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. I just upgraded with the last update..

    13 vote(s)
    19.7%
  4. I'm waiting until after Nehalem

    8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. IconicIdentity macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2008
  2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

    creator2456

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago
    #2
    Waiting for Nehalem. Still using a 2.16 CD MBP so the jump will be a large one. Plus the fact I need that much time to save up for it.
     
  3. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

    Whorehay

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
  4. m1stake macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Location:
    Philly
    #4
    Nehalem Macbook Pro. I've currently got a Vista gaming PC that it will be replacing. Come January I'll be upgrading my G4 to the Nehalem Mac Pro too whenever that rolls around.
     
  5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

    creator2456

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago
    #5
    I may do that as well if this MBP is chugging along well.
     
  6. peejack macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    #6
    Waiting for a new Montevina with new Nvida FIXED! GPU's then will grab on the Nehalem at 4th or 5th generation when the probs have been ironed out ;)
     
  7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #7
    There's no option for both. I'll be using my mom's 15" Montevina until Nehalem comes out, whereby I'll be getting a 17".
     
  8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #8
    Since I just got this MBP a few months ago, I'll wait for Nehalem, since I doubt there will be a significant performance difference in Montevina.
     
  9. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 25, 2007
    Location:
    Richmond, VA
    #9
    I am patiently awaiting my montevina macbook.
     
  10. m1stake macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Location:
    Philly
    #10
    How old are you? :rolleyes:
     
  11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #11
    Old enough. :cool:

    18 & college bound
     
  12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #12
    I feel like a fossil! :D
     
  13. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

    andiwm2003

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2004
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #13
    i'm going to buy the next MB if there is a good case redesign that i like.

    Waiting for Nehalem is kind of pointless because it's just a 25% performance jump. But at the time Nehalem is out there is the Quadcore jump on the horizon with a much higher performance jump. At the time Nehalem is out I would then just feel I have to wait for the quadcore. So I buy now and upgrade in 1-2 years again. The plan is to replace my two G4 machines with two intel machines this way.
     
  14. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

    MacBoobsPro

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    #14
    I'm waiting for Nehalem. My PMG5 is getting a bit long in the tooth now and my RevA MB has had nothing but niggling problems.

    By the time Nehalem comes around I should be able to afford it. :D

    16 core MacPro. Oeuf!
     
  15. Snowbound macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 19, 2008
    #15
    I vote second or third gen montevina or 2nd gen nahalem. I'm not a fan of either first gen since they tend to have more problems (in my opinion).
     
  16. IconicIdentity thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2008
    #16

    I will have another poll next year when it's close to nehalem.
     
  17. peapody macrumors 68040

    peapody

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    Location:
    baltimore, md
    #17
    Going for whatever comes out in 3 years... getting a MBP as a graduation gift to myself before my student discounts wear off :p

    Also just got an older gen MBP for a really nice price, so I am pretty happy.
     
  18. busterbluth macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    #18
    case

    montevia or nahalem doesnt matter, I want an updated design.
     
  19. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
  20. spaceballl macrumors 68030

    spaceballl

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
    #20
    amen brother - i'm happy with my penryn til then.
     
  21. mBurns macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2006
    Location:
    USA
    #21
    I'm going to continue using my Core Duo MacBook Pro until it not longer does what I want it to do. :eek:
     
  22. Bubba Satori Suspended

    Bubba Satori

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2008
    Location:
    B'ham
    #22
    Early reports beggining to trickle out confirm your suspicions. Beside it's a paper launch and laptops won't be available for a month or two. Not exactly a stellar performance by Intel. This is what happens when Intel isn't feeling any heat from AMD, which announced a $1 billon loss today and the exit of that uber loser, Hector Ruiz, as ceo. What a clown. :mad:
     
  23. Fabreze macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    #23
    montevina as long as the GPU is upgraded. If not, I might be forced to leave Apple for a while.
     
  24. Glaxx macrumors regular

    Glaxx

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2007
    Location:
    Illinois
    #24
    I'll be getting Montevina when it comes out as long as it has a decent GPU. Otherwise I'll probably grab a refurbished Penryn base model after they go down in price from Montevina being out. :rolleyes:
     

Share This Page