Who is using screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ramrod82, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Ramrod82 macrumors regular

Ramrod82

I bought some anti glare from BB launch day and hated them! Att said they r suppose to get some in. If so I may go that route but I had the speck hard shell on and decided to ditch the whole screen protector idea, the front screen is fine I am only worried about the back and may put one on. It seems to ruin the screen quality on the front. Am I in the minority on this?

2. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

It probably comes down to personal preferences. I like the look of the anti-glare screen. Naturally, I choose an anti-glare screen protector over a glossy one any day. You may be different, and that's totally understandable.

I bought a set of ifrogz anti-glare protectors at Best Buy. I honestly don't think their quality is on par with that of the Power Support protectors, but that's good enough for me... for now. :)

3. Suertetres macrumors newbie

4. Ramrod82 thread starter macrumors regular

Ramrod82

Ya the ifrogz just rubbed me the wrong way. Personal preference your right! Glad to see a few keep their screens naked I am only worried about the back screen for scratches. Off the topic does the bumper rest the phone completely on the table/ground or is there a little lift?? If there is a lift awesome!! If not I may need something for the back, but again like my speck case which I already emailed them about!! I don't want the flash to get messed up. Stupid OCD ah ha!

5. gmikesell macrumors regular

I'm covered

I put a Zagg InvisiShield on. Not the least crazy about the rubbery feel of the surface but I'm getting used to it. After a few days I've gotten used to rubbing my nose so as to get some "nose oil lubricant" so my fingers don't skip across the screen. Lol

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

No screen protector, but my plan is to install something on the back glass like IS...

7. MacBacker macrumors member

Yeah, I put on an InvisibleShield...front and back. I got the full set that covers the sides, top and bottom but think I'll skip it. To be honest, I may eventually pull it off for an iSkin case like I had on my 3GS.

8. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Yes, the bumper has a lip to stop the glass of the phone from touching a flat surface.

9. actionvaughn macrumors member

actionvaughn

I bought a cheap screen protector from handhelditems and after trying for days to get it on correctly, I definitely regret it. I'm holding out for Power Support now.

10. Ramrod82 thread starter macrumors regular

Ramrod82

Thanks for all the info!! Are there screen protectors made for the back yet anyone know?

11. H.B.I.C macrumors member

yup. Lots of sellers on ebay.
    I don't like invisible shield or best skin ever because of that rubbery feel they give!!!
    I am O.K. with replacing the cheap ones every month.

Monoprice should be getting theirs soon.

12. H.B.I.C macrumors member

oh, and I did order some iPhone 4 screen protectors from a US seller, I only got 3.

I wanted to make sure before I bought 10-20 that they have the cut out for the front facing camera.

I think I got the 3 screen protectors for $2.99 shipped

I also ordered some for my 3G, 20 for $9.99 from a US seller

13. M1Lance macrumors newbie

I have a bumper with IS on the back. Didn't really like the feel or look of it on the front, but I'll probably get a power support anti-glare when it comes out.

14. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I found my first scratch on my iPhone 4 today. I wish I had a screen protector :( .

15. H.B.I.C macrumors member

16. Fedorov macrumors 6502

I swear by PowerSupport Crystal, look amazing next to anyone else's iPhone with a screen protector on but they aren't shipping iPhone 4 versions till July 26!
    Plus 19.95 cost I don't mind but 28.50 shipping is just ridiculous :(

I've gone for the SGP STEINHEIL ULTRA CRYSTAL
    http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1449

17. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I'm using one, and from all these threads about scratching etc, Glad I am using one. :cool:

18. H.B.I.C macrumors member

It doesn't have a cut out for the front camera?

19. army91c macrumors 6502a

I put bodyguardz front and back on mine, skipping the sides. I rather like the stickiness, keeps the phone from sliding around and makes it much more secure in the hand. I used to go semi naked less bg but decded for my i's and wallets protection i should case them so broke down and picked up an incase slider for my 3gs.
    I only wish apple would stop putting that worthless oliophobic crap on their screens, it wears off in no time so what's the point. I have several light scratches on front and back from "normal" use (no different than that of my 3G/3GS) so bg went on today (just got it in the mail). I am going to get a bumper (this thing is to damn hot to cover with a case) for "total" protection...... That is of course until I drop it in the head :eek:

20. Built macrumors 68020

I ordered Wrapsol Ultra. We'll see how that goes, and if I don't like it, I'll be going for the Power Support Crystal Film...which I've also used on my 2G and 3G.

21. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any experience with the Wrapsol ultra?

I never liked the clear screen protectors but thought it would be a good idea to install one... Anyone have any opinion on that specific brand?

22. Sinfire macrumors regular

I decided to keep my screen naked with this phone. I am not sure if it is the glass or some other stuff that Apple put on the screen, but I noticed that the screen is not as bad with showing fingerprints as the iPad or previous iPhones were.

23. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

i have the invisible shield front and back and i love it

24. droeun macrumors member

pics

25. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I think I'm going to go just bumpers until power support comes out. Then I may throw one on. Depends on if I get a scratch between now and then. If the front really is gorilla glass, I think it should be pretty solid.

I'll be pretty OCD about what goes where in my pockets for a while though. The iPhone will basically get its own pocket, haha.