Who Is Waiting For Rev 2 On New iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iTiki, Nov 4, 2009.

  1. iTiki macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2007
    Location:
    Maui, Hawaii
    #1
    My 24" 2.8 iMac is working fine, but that does not stop me from wanting the new 27". With the issues being tossed around on the new 27", I think I'll wait for Rev 2 before making the upgrade. It's not a problem if it takes Apple 6 months to get there. Anyone else doing the same?
     
  2. minivan81 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2009
    #2
    I don't know about you but I like having the latest and greatest. I think if you wait too long you'll be buying a machine that will be updated 3 months later. I personally hate it when that happens (even though its inevitable, eventually).
     
  3. Tommeh macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    #3
    Well, I am, but not because the issues some are reporting. I'm saving up for one while my current 24" is doing what it's suppose to reasonably well. I expect to buy one in half a year or so, so by then I will see if there's an update or one expected.
     
  4. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #4
    If you already have a fully working computer which does everything you want it to do, there's no reason to update. Of course, having the newest and coolest is nice but it will cost you a lot money.

    When I saw those 27" iMacs on Apple's site, I was going to sell my current iMac but then I realized that my current iMac does whatever I want and when I bought it, I built it for years and bought AppleCare as well. If I know sell this, I would lose about 800€ which is A LOT money.

    Sooner than later, those new iMacs will be old again.
     
  5. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    Location:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    #5
    I will be holding onto my 20" for quite some time. It works great and I may upgrade someday when there is a significant tech upgrade in the 21.5". 27 is just too big for me.
     
  6. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    Location:
    cedar rapids IA
    #6
    I will be ordering a 27 in january.

    possibly an i7but idk yet...
     
  7. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern Calif
    #7
    Of course if you have money and doesn't hurt you to lose out about 1 grand, than yeah people will upgrade.
     
  8. unamused macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2009
    #8
    im waiting too, but if there is some crazy good deal on black friday, id be willing to take my chances.
     
  9. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

    Badger^2

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2009
    Location:
    Sacramento
    #9
    Not on purpose, I buy on a regular schedule, June of 10 is next...

    There wont be, unless 10% = crazy good to you.

    And everyone should read this: http://www.misterbg.org/AppleProductCycle/
     
  10. JimAtLaw macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #10

Share This Page