Who Is Waiting For Rev 2 On New iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iTiki, Nov 4, 2009.

1. iTiki macrumors 6502

My 24" 2.8 iMac is working fine, but that does not stop me from wanting the new 27". With the issues being tossed around on the new 27", I think I'll wait for Rev 2 before making the upgrade. It's not a problem if it takes Apple 6 months to get there. Anyone else doing the same?

2. minivan81 macrumors newbie

I don't know about you but I like having the latest and greatest. I think if you wait too long you'll be buying a machine that will be updated 3 months later. I personally hate it when that happens (even though its inevitable, eventually).

3. Tommeh macrumors member

Well, I am, but not because the issues some are reporting. I'm saving up for one while my current 24" is doing what it's suppose to reasonably well. I expect to buy one in half a year or so, so by then I will see if there's an update or one expected.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you already have a fully working computer which does everything you want it to do, there's no reason to update. Of course, having the newest and coolest is nice but it will cost you a lot money.

When I saw those 27" iMacs on Apple's site, I was going to sell my current iMac but then I realized that my current iMac does whatever I want and when I bought it, I built it for years and bought AppleCare as well. If I know sell this, I would lose about 800€ which is A LOT money.

Sooner than later, those new iMacs will be old again.

5. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I will be holding onto my 20" for quite some time. It works great and I may upgrade someday when there is a significant tech upgrade in the 21.5". 27 is just too big for me.

6. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

I will be ordering a 27 in january.

possibly an i7but idk yet...

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Of course if you have money and doesn't hurt you to lose out about 1 grand, than yeah people will upgrade.

8. unamused macrumors 6502

im waiting too, but if there is some crazy good deal on black friday, id be willing to take my chances.

9. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

Not on purpose, I buy on a regular schedule, June of 10 is next...

There wont be, unless 10% = crazy good to you.

And everyone should read this: http://www.misterbg.org/AppleProductCycle/

10. JimAtLaw macrumors 6502