Who is waiting for the 32 gig 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woahdell, Jun 9, 2008.

?

Will you be waiting for the 32 gig 3G iPhone?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2008.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. woahdell macrumors newbie

You know eventually they will be getting rid of the 8 gig and just having a 16 and 32...who is just waiting for the 32 gig and when is your best guess it will come?

2. Valmor macrumors member

I'm waiting, can't say I have any idea when it'll be released though.

3. witchdrash macrumors member

Just don't need the space, got over 100 gigs of mp3s but I only listen to a small selection, so keep my iTunes library with only those I want to listen to and sync it with my touch, usually only got 6 to 7 gigs of music on the go at once, so will pick up a 16 gig.

4. attadj macrumors member

Same here... I think it's more important to spend as little as possible since we will be upgrading again in a year.

5. woahdell thread starter macrumors newbie

TRUE--I never even thought of that!!

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Who knows when it will come, but it will come. It was only February when the 16GB iPhone was released, I know, I was there day one to buy one. I won't be there day one to buy the 3G iPhone, the long lines will keep me away for about a week just like my original iPhone. I will buy a 32GB whenever it does get released and I will keep my three original iPhones as well.

7. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Sure....if you only want a portion of your music with you, 16GB is fine. Me? I would rather have my entire library. Plus, I have a ton of Podcasts that I watch daily that take up tons of room....plus compressed movies, the new apps. 16GB is gonna fill up quick.

This was originally touted as an "all in one device"......for me, if I cant take all of my stuff with me, its simply not.

8. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

That's how it's like for me too. However, my 60 gig ipod is already too small, so even a 32 gig iPhone wouldn't be enough for me.

If a 32 gig iPhone was released on July 11, I'd spend the extra money on it. But since it's not, I'm not going to wait. 16 gigs is enough for one audiobook, a handful of hand-selected podcasts at a time, and more songs than I'd listen to in day.

9. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Thats just it....I dont want to have to hand pick what I take with me on my device. I dont want to think about it....I want to plug it in, sync it and go. Period.

10. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

As much as I'd love a 32Gb iPhone... I don't want to wait any longer, 3G was bad enough.

I will be getting an iPhone around September anyway. If there are rumbles of an update by the end of the year, then I might get one then.

I dont watch videos on my iPod really, just music. (Y)

11. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Im getting the 16. I have the 16 gig touch now and that is the largest ipod I have ever had. I might however, keep the money from selling the touch hidden away so that I can upgrade to 32 gig when it eventually comes out.

or I am going to pry open both of them and try to cram the 2 16 gig chips into one phone.

12. TheBearman macrumors 6502

I'll wait for now

If today they had announced a 32gb version I would have jumped. As it is I will just wait until my current contract expires in about a year and see where we are at. I expect by then a 32 (heck maybe even a 64) will be available.

Bear

13. elbirth macrumors 65816

I was *REALLY* hoping he was going to say they were also putting out a 32GB model when he kept skipping around his comments after saying there was a 16GB model and kept acting like there was something even better he was about to say.

I have a 16GB iPod touch that I bought back in November or so specifically to tide me over until the 2nd generation iPhone. While I can't fit all of my music on 16GB of space, I've been tired of waiting for a new phone as of several months ago, so I'm going to go on and get the iPhone on July 11 (hopefully... assuming the stores don't sell out here)

I figure what I'm going to do is create a playlist labeled "iPhone" in iTunes that I'll add my favorite songs/albums to and just keep that up-to-date on what I'm currently listening to using a smart playlist or something. There's a lot of music I have that I almost never listen to as it is, so there's really no sense in stuffing the iPhone full

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

Then it sounds like you may want a bigger iPod instead. No one has ever claimed that the iPhone was the end-all of all other digital devices. It is, after all, a phone. If it had the capacity of the large iPods, then they wouldn't be selling many iPods. 16GB is really a lot of music. My ENTIRE collection is 17.29GB, and that is over 10 straight days of music. I know very few people who actually listen to their entire libraries.

Really, if you are THAT concerned about having every piece of digital media you own with you at all times, then you should be looking at another device. I want my car to have as much room as an SUV, but it doesn't. If I really wanted that much room, I would have bought an SUV. But, then I'd have an SUV.

15. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Nah, I'm gonna go on ahead and get the 16 gig. I only have about 8 gigs of music in my entire library, and I probably listen to 4 or 5 gigs of it on a regular basis. I don't really have any movies/videos on my iPod touch, so I don't think I'll have any on my iPhone. So 16 GB is more than enough for me.

16. themightyspitz macrumors regular

themightyspitz

I'm really on the fence.

My major marks for getting an iPhone were 3G Network, better battery life, GPS, some form of iWork, and 32 gigs. And while 32 gigs was a big thing for me, 3 out of 5 ain't bad, and I'm finishing my contract with Verizon in early August. I have over 8 gigs of music and several TV shows, so if I were to get the 16 GB, I could easily sort out what music I rarely listen to and TV shows I've already seen. But at the same time....that 32 gigs would have been nice.