Who is waiting for the white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aforty, Jun 23, 2010.

1. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I have a reservation for a black iPhone but I'm starting to think I'll skip it and get the white instead... it's a tough decision for me. On one hand I really really want a new iPhone. My current 3G's screen is broken (broke last week) and is not very usable (only top 85% of screen works) so I really need a new phone. On the other hand I really really wanted a white iPhone and I have a "$100 off a $300 purchase" from Apple's online store. And a iPhone 3G glass replacement is only $15 so I could potentially get this phone to tide me over for another month.

Ah... decisions, decision... anyone else in this dilemma? Who else is waiting for the white iPhone and why?

2. xqb4dpx macrumors member

Stop stressing out so much, man. I'm gonna go for white. I dig the color - I think black is boring. I don't mind waiting even though my iPhone 3G is unusably slow. Rocking a fresh whitephone is going to feel so good after waiting the extra two weeks. And also when all the screen yellowing issues also pan out. That's pretty important to me.

EDIT: @BklynKid I'm sure you're probably going to be the first kid on your block with a 4 anyway.

3. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

aforty

That's true, if there are any major "first round" issues with the iPhone (like screen yellowing) then they will surely be solved by the time the white iPhone comes out.

Heh, anyone still think Apple will have a few white iPhones at launch tomorrow? Not I. :(

4. jamonandon macrumors newbie

same here. i really hope it is more of a mid-july than a late-july thing...

5. sean800 macrumors member

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Hold out for three weeks man. It will be worth it for you to wait for what you want! :) Delayed gratification. :)

7. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

does anyone know if youll be able to pre-order the white like youve been able to pre-order the black ? or is apple just going to "release" it mid july without warning.

8. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

I'm waiting for it. The white iPhone will be awesome :)

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'm going to guess there won't be a preorder since the iPhone 4 is out.

10. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

...this is gonna suck

11. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Ya know.....I was in the same boat. But I was using a flip phone since I sold my white 3G and couldn't wait anymore so I went ahead and went with black.

But now, after receiving black I have no regrets. It is stunning, and more than aha I expected. The screen pops so well it's amazing. It makes the 3G / 3Gs look like a computer circa 1995. It's much snappier, etc.

Go to the apple store and see what you think of black. Believe me, I had my heart set on white and was gonna get it. No regrets getting black though, it'll still put a smile on your face everytime you look at it

12. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I'm really conflicted here. I was originally going to pre-order the white one the second pre-orders went up, but much to my surprise, they weren't pre-orderable. From a logical perspective, here's how I look at it. I'm buying the iPhone 4 this year, and upgrading again next year. That means I get 1 year with my iPhone 4. The white iPhone 4 is probably going to be out in a month (no way Apple is going to release it within the 30 day return/exchange time of launch iPhones).... maybe a little more... probably 31 or 32 days from today... towards the end of July. If I wait for the white, I waste 1 month of my 12 months with my iPhone 4, which, using very simple math, means I lose approximately 8.5% of the time I could've had with my iPhone 4. That's almost 10%, which is 1/10. I still really want white, but I think i'm going to go ahead and camp out and get black. If the white becomes available before a month, i'll see if I like it and if I do I might see if it's possible to do an exchange, but if it's a month or over I wouldn't have wanted to wait. So.... yah.... that's it... still conflicted though.... it's actually making my stomach hurt..... *sigh*

Xanadeath

13. cowsrus macrumors 6502

im waiting

so many pluses to waiting

all these problems people have?
    not if you wait and buy in-store, you get to see your phone before so no cracks/discolored screen
    more accersorries available a month after launch
    no crowds or activation issues

also think about this, after july passes and you have a black iPhone, won't you always kick yourself seeing everybody who has a white iPhone, not a big deal but if you are going to spend this much money on a phone, you shouldnt get bugged every time you see someone with a white one

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Everyone who knows the slightest bit about the iPhone 4 will know that when they see a white one, it was someone who waited. :)

15. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Or someone who decided to buy an iPhone after the white one was out.... lolz

Xanadeath

16. Appmamma macrumors newbie

I'm waiting.

I have a bad feeling it'll be late July. I dont think they'd release it within the"30 day exchange window". Why would they want to risk that man left over black open boxed phones?

17. The Doop macrumors member

I just hope you guys are girls. Otherwise...teehee.

18. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I'm a dude (that likes girls) ^_^ I actually think the white looks really.. classic... It looks different... unique... iDunno.... looks like i'm getting black anyway... *Sigh* .... lolz....

Xanadeath

19. Lola M macrumors member

Im patiently waiting for the white iPhone 4. Wish my MBP was white. LOVE white! :p

20. RheelDeal macrumors newbie

I'm waiting to see how the white iphone looks in person. I would like something different this time around. If the white phone doesn't look good in person then back to the black phone.

21. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I'm waiting it out for the white one. The white phone just looks soooo much cooler and it's not the same boring black faced iPhone that we've always had, it's actually something cool and different. Sleek glossy white glass....sexy. Everybody who gave in and splurged on opening day is only going to have the black phone and they are locked in to a 2-year contract with that phone. Everybody who had the patience and waited for the white one will have something to brag about and be proud of, but they are still gonna have to wait 3 more weeks while the black phone crowd already has theirs.

That's my take.

22. JonboyDC macrumors regular

I'm guessing it'll be more like five weeks. But I can wait.

I continue to be baffled by this bizarre notion that the color of a phone has something to do with gender.

23. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

aforty

Go away, troll.

24. Jethrotoe macrumors regular

Waiting here too...but because I need two. Black for me and white for the wife. Do I dare get my black before her white comes out? Wouldn't go over too well if I did.

Besides, let them get the bugs out.

25. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

aforty

I think I finally decided to wait for the white.

I was going back and forth a lot last night and this morning but I feel good now... I'll get the white and hopefully most if not all the issues people are reporting will have been fixed by then.

When do you guys think Apple will allow us to order the white one online? Think there will be a "pre-order" period where we can be the first to get it?